Misloads

TheK1d

So I was just established a warning tonight for 1 misload. Before this I hadn't had any for weeks, my manager was there with someone from the union when they told me. I didn't understand half the **** he told me because of everything that had been happening around us so I just wanted to know if I should be worried over this...I don't want to sound over confident but I work my ass off and load a truck from hell every night. I also want to know how long I have to go without another in order for the warning to be scraped and if I do get another I'll apparently be given a suspension notice :dissapointed:

Ouch

Your truck you load is concidered community property, what that means is anybody on that belt has access to it and can come and go in and out of it as they please. The burden of proof is on the company to prove you put the misload on the truck. Whos to say when you went on break the pt sup didnt walk by and put a package on your truck. If there going to give you warning letters for misloads it sounds like to me youll have to slow down and make sure this doesnt happen. Dont tell them that just let them know your trying to be thorough and that your working safe everyday. Grieve the warning letter and until they can prvide proof that you put the misload on the car let the union handle it.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
So I was just established a warning tonight for 1 misload. Before this I hadn't had any for weeks, my manager was there with someone from the union when they told me. I didn't understand half the **** he told me because of everything that had been happening around us so I just wanted to know if I should be worried over this...I don't want to sound over confident but I work my ass off and load a truck from hell every night. I also want to know how long I have to go without another in order for the warning to be scraped and if I do get another I'll apparently be given a suspension notice :dissapointed:
okay I'll bite.....There's got to be more to your story...other discipline problems, etc. If they wrote up and suspended everyone for ONE misload...there'd be no one left to load the trucks lol.

J

jibbs

okay I'll bite.....There's got to be more to your story...other discipline problems, etc. If they wrote up and suspended everyone for ONE misload...there'd be no one left to load the trucks lol.

Maybe his supervisor doesn't like him? Maybe the driver bitched and bitched until the supervisor felt his hand was forced? Maybe he's misloaded several times in the past few weeks and simply wasn't informed until it got to the point where a warning was issued?

I know you didn't say as much, but just because there might be more to the story doesn't mean that the OP is privy to all the going-ons around him. Something very well could be going on that he or she just isn't aware of, leading to the creation of this thread here to try and gain some insight from UPSers with more experience within the company than his- or herself.

Slightly off-topic, I thought my cynicism was bad but I hadn't experienced **** until I stuck around on this website for a bit. Every new user with a question is simply unbelievable or deceitful in their story-telling around here. It's kind of ridiculous.

$0.02

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Are you a new-hire? If you are not, I suggest slowing down and making sure not to misload anything. The next flavor of the month will be coercing production in October.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Are you a new-hire? If you are not, I suggest slowing down and making sure not to misload anything. The next flavor of the month will be coercing production in October.
Yep....misloads and whining about how we're not productive enough till peak starts. Then by the middle of january.....more production complaining....the cycle of the brown machine lol. I stopped caring years ago...

Yep....misloads and whining about how we're not productive enough till peak starts. Then by the middle of january.....more production complaining....the cycle of the brown machine lol. I stopped caring years ago...

But dont call off! you are a valuable team member and Brown will go out of business if you dont come in!...lmao

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Maybe his supervisor doesn't like him? Maybe the driver bitched and bitched until the supervisor felt his hand was forced? Maybe he's misloaded several times in the past few weeks and simply wasn't informed until it got to the point where a warning was issued?

I know you didn't say as much, but just because there might be more to the story doesn't mean that the OP is privy to all the going-ons around him. Something very well could be going on that he or she just isn't aware of, leading to the creation of this thread here to try and gain some insight from UPSers with more experience within the company than his- or herself.

Slightly off-topic, I thought my cynicism was bad but I hadn't experienced **** until I stuck around on this website for a bit. Every new user with a question is simply unbelievable or deceitful in their story-telling around here. It's kind of ridiculous.

$0.02
i wasn't calling the OP a liar....simply saying that either he's a chronic misload problem or perhaps an attendance problem, or whatever.....but there's more to the story than "Oh, i had one misload yesterday and I got a warning letter and next time I'll be suspended." If I had one misload and got a warning letter...then every loader in my center who had misloads that same day better get a letter too.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
If it were a series of NDA's, or worse an early AM, I could see a sole or random misload(s) getting some attention. Just to stay on topic and address your previous post. But otherwise I agree, there are probably more misloads under the OP's belt, or other issues. (whether they are true or not is another story, of course)

Buck Fifty

You will never be suspended or fired for 1 misload in this time frame. The only reason they gave you one is because they can. Listen to Ouch, he gave great advice.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
Your truck you load is concidered community property, what that means is anybody on that belt has access to it and can come and go in and out of it as they please. The burden of proof is on the company to prove you put the misload on the truck. Whos to say when you went on break the pt sup didnt walk by and put a package on your truck. If there going to give you warning letters for misloads it sounds like to me youll have to slow down and make sure this doesnt happen. Dont tell them that just let them know your trying to be thorough and that your working safe everyday. Grieve the warning letter and until they can prvide proof that you put the misload on the car let the union handle it.

Good luck pushing this line at a local/center level to reduce a suspension due to misloads. Most -- if not all -- outbound loaders now have scanners that they have to log-in with a personal ID (typically LASTNAMElastfourdigitsofemployeeID#FIRSTINITIAL). Unless the hourly can prove another employee or supervisor used their scanner/ID (ie. to power load or cover while taking a ****), then it will probably stick; this is why I never let anyone else scan under my ID. The grease pencil and clipboard days are behind us. Most 1 day suspensions get bargained down and people are never fired/suspended over a single missort. If he was getting back 10-15+ a day and had already served two suspensions without the problem improving, then I could see his job being on the line.

Last edited:
J

jibbs

Good luck pushing this line at a local/center level to reduce a suspension due to misloads. Most -- if not all -- outbound loaders now have scanners that they have to log-in with a personal ID (typically LASTNAMElastfourdigitsofemployeeID#FIRSTINITIAL). Unless the hourly can prove another employee or supervisor used their scanner/ID (ie. to power load or cover while taking a ****), then it will probably stick; this is why I never let anyone else scan under my ID. The grease pencil and clipboard days are behind us. Most 1 day suspensions get bargained down and people are never fired/suspended over a single missort. If he was getting back 10-15+ a day and had already served two suspensions without the problem improving, then I could see his job being on the line.

There's not a single loader in my center that also scans his or her packages as they load them on the truck.

Usually a supervisor comes around in the last hour or two doing scan-checks on the more problematic package cars on their belt. There really is no way to know, in my center, who physically placed a package on a truck without personally witnessing said package get loaded. That said, some of my management team seems to be more about assumptions than they are about actually knowing when it comes to misloads.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
There's not a single loader in my center that also scans his or her packages as they load them on the truck.

Usually a supervisor comes around in the last hour or two doing scan-checks on the more problematic package cars on their belt. There really is no way to know, in my center, who physically placed a package on a truck without personally witnessing said package get loaded. That said, some of my management team seems to be more about assumptions than they are about actually knowing when it comes to misloads.

Are you in a smaller center and have an employee scanning for each truck while one or more loaders "power load"?

That's a much different situation than I described, which is more typical for a larger hub.

J

jibbs

Are you in a smaller center and have an employee scanning for each truck while one or more loaders "power load"?

That's a much different situation than I described, which is more typical for a larger hub.

Yep! A center with 72 trucks between three belts to be loaded on an average day. I'm probably a minority here because of that.... I believe our closest hub is in either Alexandria or Richmond, VA... well, it's definitely in Virginia, I just can't remember which city at the moment.

Ouch

Ive witnessed part time sups walk by and throw a package on a truck just to get it out of the bldg. I told the driver he has a misload on his truck and after he left I told the center manager, he said why did you wait to tell me after he left the building, I said wait a minute preloaders are the only one that misload, right? That pretty much covered the misload issue, lol