MiSLoaDs

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
I agree as a loader. No time to put everything in perfect order. Sups don't even care. All they care about is lowering labor.
Good for you. Hope you like being a loader. It's called taking some pride in work and what YOU put your name on. Not what a supe thinks. Look yourself in the eye and say did I do my best?

Oh, btw, I'm old school in case your wondering.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Good for you. Hope you like being a loader. It's called taking some pride in work and what YOU put your name on. Not what a supe thinks. Look yourself in the eye and say did I do my best?

We once had a guy that could load every truck in the building to perfection. Immediatly look inside the truck and know he loaded it.

Too bad he does surepost now.

Turdferguson

Just a turd

You chain smoke cigarettes, call everyone sport, work through sprained ankle's?

Hitman23

No I'm not wondering you old bastard. I bet you hate your job. Tool

extranatty

Dear Hourly,

We know there will be misloads everyday. The problem is too many misloads are from the same people over and over and over again and it costs us a lot of money. Some go weeks at a time while others have multiple daily. If those multiple daily people could get it down to maybe 1 a week you would hear a lot less from us.

Sincerely,
The People You Hate

One misload a week, out of 5000 packages?

250 pieces per hour, 14 seconds a piece, some of those packages over 100 lbs. And we have to read the numbers in tiny print absolutely perfectly, off a belt loaded with packages, sometimes taking 14 seconds just to find the spot. You develop the tendency to scan the belt at all times and sometimes you're holding a package for Truck 216, you scan a 215 on the belt, and then you end up loading that 216 into 215. It becomes a reflex; almost impossible to constantly check the truck number via package number. And if you :censored2:s actually cared; I could wear a camera and write a program that alerts me when I'm mis-loading. Hell, you could try using letters, or bigger print, or more than one sticker... but no, UPS only knows how to nickel-and-dime.

But for what, my :censored2: supervisor that has me work off the clock everyday. My :censored2: supervisor that changes my clock out time once a week. My :censored2: supervisor that doesn't give a :censored2: about the drivers or load quality; only mis-loads. My :censored2: supervisor that gives everyone an insulting nickname and screams at them, implying he considers us worthless trash whenever possible like every other supervisor. Yeah, I didn't take 3 levels of Calculus for this :censored2:, and my only regret is I didn't intentionally misload. My punishment for mis-loading; I was given an easier job with a better supervisor.

Edit: Didn't notice the posts on Page 1 were from 2016, not 2017. My apologies.

Last edited:

Big ArrowDown..D

And if you :censored2:s actually cared; I could wear a camera and write a program that alerts me when I'm mis-loading.
They have developed a system that will alert the loader that they are in the wrong package car. Just may not have rolled it out all over the country yet. Many of the preloaders are complaining about the time associated with scanning the package before loading it.
But for what, my :censored2: supervisor that has me work off the clock everyday. My :censored2: supervisor that changes my clock out time once a week. My :censored2: supervisor that doesn't give a :censored2: about the drivers or load quality; only mis-loads. My :censored2: supervisor that gives everyone an insulting nickname and screams at them, implying he considers us worthless trash whenever possible like every other supervisor.
Did you file a grievance on this supervisor for harassment? The contract states clearly that they must treat us with respect also

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge

250 pieces per hour, 14 seconds a piece, some of those packages over 100 lbs. And we have to read the numbers in tiny print absolutely perfectly, off a belt loaded with packages, sometimes taking 14 seconds just to find the spot. You develop the tendency to scan the belt at all times and sometimes you're holding a package for Truck 216, you scan a 215 on the belt, and then you end up loading that 216 into 215. It becomes a reflex; almost impossible to constantly check the truck number via package number. And if you :censored2:s actually cared; I could wear a camera and write a program that alerts me when I'm mis-loading. Hell, you could try using letters, or bigger print, or more than one sticker... but no, UPS only knows how to nickel-and-dime.

But for what, my :censored2: supervisor that has me work off the clock everyday. My :censored2: supervisor that changes my clock out time once a week. My :censored2: supervisor that doesn't give a :censored2: about the drivers or load quality; only mis-loads. My :censored2: supervisor that gives everyone an insulting nickname and screams at them, implying he considers us worthless trash whenever possible like every other supervisor. Yeah, I didn't take 3 levels of Calculus for this :censored2:, and my only regret is I didn't intentionally misload. My punishment for mis-loading; I was given an easier job with a better supervisor.

You took three levels of calculus, but you work off the clock

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit

IMG_6893.GIF

Matty_lawn

Poopin' on the clock
Where are all these people pushing 250+ pph? Im around 180 on a great day. That's what that sheet says anyways. I wouldn't put it past them to lower that number to try and "motivate" us to go quicker.

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
I work preload. I'm pretty good as far as misloads but I will still get one or two a week. I'm a human not a robot. I'm also an air driver who is trying to go FT so I actually care about the load quality and try to do my best. Unfortunately, they work you like a dog and most days I'm completely buried. At the end of the shift it's all about just getting everything on the right car and the load quality suffers.

Agreed. Don't you know you should be able to load every RDL bulk piece when all 30 of them come down the chute at the same time?

My sup worked one of my trucks to show me how fast I'm "supposed" to load and it looked like a herd of water buffalo ran through the back of the truck by the end of the shift.