Missouri ICs go back for jury trial

Crozz

IC model has to go away or X will continue to have lawsuits. Mangers having control on who gets a PSA is stupid. FedEx has to do business with an entity and leave the managers out of it. Lol hell managers can barely run a terminal more less deliver and coordinate deliveries lol.

M I Indy

IC model has to go away or X will continue to have lawsuits. Mangers having control on who gets a PSA is stupid. FedEx has to do business with an entity and leave the managers out of it. Lol hell managers can barely run a terminal more less deliver and coordinate deliveries lol.

This I definitely agree, except they will continue to do business with brand new entities that they can get cheaper in their mind, those entities will continue bad practices taught by their only customer and the downward spiral goes its way. Where in X land do you think someone is smart enough or has the nerve to say take it away from the manager? This corporation is the ultimate maroon pyramid.

M I Indy

Dartboard?
Issue 7 in the test is a big one against contractor status. The best argument I've heard for it is fedex is an information company. Their primary business is sorting and tracking packages, not delivering them. I can't imagine a reasonable jury being convinced by that argument, but that will probably be the defense.
They will probably lose on the control issues as well. Under the IC model they were much more involved in day to day operations, far more than they should have been. They have taken significant steps to correct that behavior in ISP.

An information company? LMAO! Try getting info on your lost package, their info must be stashed in rural parts of the world.

It will be fine

An information company? LMAO! Try getting info on your lost package, their info must be stashed in rural parts of the world.
I know it's a stupid argument. I actually think nature of the business is the biggest hole in the model. I don't think the control issue is terribly valid anymore.

Bounty

Unfortunately, I'm still in, hopefully soon I will be out.Then I will contact the appropriate agencies and get the ball rolling. No rock will be left unturned.

STFXG

Unfortunately, I'm still in, hopefully soon I will be out.Then I will contact the appropriate agencies and get the ball rolling. No rock will be left unturned.
Are you backing up your tough talk? Not signing the ISP transition incentive and not selling your route? Running it until it expires?

bbsam

Staff member
So you think the "appropriate authorities" aren't well aware?

Bounty

So you think the "appropriate authorities" aren't well aware?
Not sure about the way this ISp has been rolled out. Sometimes the squeaky wheel gets the grease and I'm going to squeak a lot! It's not just me, but there is a few of us in my terminal.

bbsam

Staff member
Not sure about the way this ISp has been rolled out. Sometimes the squeaky wheel gets the grease and I'm going to squeak a lot! It's not just me, but there is a few of us in my terminal.
You can't be saying that by complying with the court that X is doing something illegal, can you?

Bounty

Like I said, we will see. I don't think anything x does is on the up and up. Let's just say I'm going to make sure. As you business owners say due diligence.

FedGT

Do you really think you are even close to the first through 50th contractor that thought they were going to be the one to bring down FedEx?

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Well bounty, im glad that youre fed up with the scam and getting out of this subcontracting game; its not for everyone.
Once u settled and got some of your ROI, theyll slap a non-disclosure Agreement so u can't spread the word any further.

Even a dumb driver like me can see that they want to get rid of single ownwer operators or small corps with less than 5 routes to avoid anymore lawsuits.

I follow fedex rules of p&d operations. All the subcontractor does is make sure my van is in safe operating mode. I can run the route myself without even meeting my middleman boss.... i only need to see him on fridays, when i get my cut of the fedex pie.

STFXG

Well bounty, im glad that youre fed up with the scam and getting out of this subcontracting game; its not for everyone.
Once u settled and got some of your ROI, theyll slap a non-disclosure Agreement so u can't spread the word any further.

Even a dumb driver like me can see that they want to get rid of single ownwer operators or small corps with less than 5 routes to avoid anymore lawsuits.

I follow fedex rules of p&d operations. All the subcontractor does is make sure my van is in safe operating mode. I can run the route myself without even meeting my middleman boss.... i only need to see him on fridays, when i get my cut of the fedex pie.
He needs to set up direct deposit so he doesn't even have to deal with the likes of you. :)

Last edited: