MMA/UFC

El Correcto

god is dead
Honestly I don't like cyborg. She's a cheat and a GD man!
I don’t mind Cyborg, featherweight in my eyes has just been what bantamweight is going to move up and get smashed by a much bigger woman.

She might of cheated in the past and retained benefits for doing so, but I think she is clean now especially with usada.

El Correcto

god is dead
UFC 223 card is stacked though. Looking forward to jaycheck and thug rose.
I’m rooting for Ferguson over Khabib I’d like to see something other than Khabib snore fest the barboza fight turned into.

542thruNthru

UFC 223 card is stacked though. Looking forward to jaycheck and thug rose.
I’m rooting for Ferguson over Khabib I’d like to see something other than Khabib snore fest the barboza fight turned into.

I want the thug to win. Torn on Ferg and the eagle. Want to see a good fight but kinda think Ferg is going to take it.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
I know I'm not the only person that watches MMA/UFC. Thought I'd start a thread for people to comment on all the events that happen. Also I'd like to hear about your favorite past fights if you'd like to share.

UFC 222.
Some thoughts real quick. Though Dana White said women will never be in the UFC. I'm glad that didn't hold true. I enjoy a lot of the women fights. You may not agree but to each their own. :)

Who I got in the top 4 fights.
1. Cyborg
2. Ortega
3. O'Malley
4. The Skyscraper

Just a few people I think may care about MMA. I could be mistaken. :)
@wide load @MyNameIsMud @iunnoimjustaFT @MAKAVELI @1BROWNWRENCH @Gumby @RonBurgandy??????????
Great topic. I wish I saw this last night! I agree with the Cyborg comments. The Brazilians have a history of cheating with using PEDs.

wide load

I don’t mind Cyborg, featherweight in my eyes has just been what bantamweight is going to move up and get smashed by a much bigger woman.

She might of cheated in the past and retained benefits for doing so, but I think she is clean now especially with usada.
I still think she still benefits from the years of abusing Spironolactone. The effects last. This may explain why she refused so many fights in the UFC when she first got signed. She was refusing fights at 145!!! I think she was using. 2 things I’d love to see, more random tests by USADA and random weigh-ins to reduce on extreme weight cutting.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Rumor is Brock Lesnar is going back to UFC after his contract with WWE expires after WrestleMania. He would have to serve the remaining 6 months of his suspension as a result of testing positive for PED's before he is allowed to step back in to the octagon. There is also talk of him being renewing his contract w/WWE and going back and forth between the two.

El Correcto

god is dead
Rumor is Brock Lesnar is going back to UFC after his contract with WWE expires after WrestleMania. He would have to serve the remaining 6 months of his suspension as a result of testing positive for PED's before he is allowed to step back in to the octagon. There is also talk of him being renewing his contract w/WWE and going back and forth between the two.
Heavyweight division needs more young blood, but I’d be happy to see anyone at this point. Cormier fighting Stipe kind of shows where the heavyweight division is at.

wide load

Also, I don’t blame Lombard for the late hit. It’s the referee’s responsibility to stop the action. It shouldn’t be a DQ

542thruNthru

Also, I don’t blame Lombard for the late hit. It’s the referee’s responsibility to stop the action. It shouldn’t be a DQ

I didn't think of that to be honest. I kinda have to agree with you. Big John was good at throwing himself into the middle of the action to make sure they knew the bell had rang.

wide load

I didn't think of that to be honest. I kinda have to agree with you. Big John was good at throwing himself into the middle of the action to make sure they knew the bell had rang.
Exactly. It’s very hard in that moment to stop punching on a dime. The ref is there to protect the fighters.

Ghost in the Darkness

Rumor is Brock Lesnar is going back to UFC after his contract with WWE expires

Brock likes the payday, he may fight again but I think he will only do it for select matchups that has him with good odds. He prefers the scripted stuff than getting beat up... like his second to last fight vs Cain when he lost the HW title.

El Correcto

god is dead
UFC 223 got a lot more interesting Max Holloway vs Khabib Nurmagomedov. Both these guys are awesome don’t want either one to lose.