Mods changing user profiles?

BrownThunder

What's up with my profile being changed?

Signature: "Go Fedex"!?!?!?

I never put that. What are the consequences for a mod going into a user's profile and putting whatever they want? If he/she put "Go Fedex", they could have easily put whatever slanderous message they wanted in there.

Please, we're all adults here. Do not edit user's profiles without their consent (unless you're banning them, then whatever).

That is all.

BrownThunder

Sure did.

I'm on many discussion forums, and this is the first one where someone has taken it upon themselves to enter my profile and change my information.

Kind of disappointing to be honest. Mods have to know that is kind of shady. You're not dumb people, you know going into a person's profile is kind of messed up.

upschuck

Are you sure it is a mod, and someone didn't hack your account. I'd change my password to something more secure, if it isn't.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
What's up with my profile being changed?

Signature: "Go Fedex"!?!?!?

I never put that. What are the consequences for a mod going into a user's profile and putting whatever they want? If he/she put "Go Fedex", they could have easily put whatever slanderous message they wanted in there.

Please, we're all adults here. Do not edit user's profiles without their consent (unless you're banning them, then whatever).

That is all.
MODs do not have the administrative rights to do that.
Only Cheryl has those rights.
I'll report your post to Cheryl and let her investigate and respond.

BrownThunder

I just found it strange a "hacker" would go into my profile and make the changes they did. Seriously? A hacker put go FedEx? Eeeeeeeeyeah, unlikely.

My wife would never do that, and if my 11mo old daughter can pull that off, I'll stop saving for her college education right now because she's good to go without my help.

I'll change my PW and hope there are no more database snafus.

rod

Retired 22 years
All this computer hacking as of late is getting scary. Two days after I set up an account with Red Box so I could reserve movies a friend of mine said her identity was stolen off her Red Box account and credit card info was compromised. Nice--just what I wanted to hear. P.S. I would sure hope none of the mods are messing with profile info. I could see banning someone out right but to just change info because they could wouldn't be cool.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
How would your best friend get your user name and password for anything?

You can't be that careless.
I don't think anyone hacked his account.
Probably:
Highest probability: Left BrownCafe up on PC logged-in and someone was playing around with him.
I do it with my wife all the time. All the posts on Facebook about how good a husband I am are not really hers.

High: Trolling and did it himself and just made the rest up.

Lower: Cheryl changed servers on Sunday and some dB references could have been switched. (per tootechie's suggestion).

Lowest: Someone hacked his account

Last edited:

upschuck

Maybe your profile and op needs got mixed up. That has happened with avatars before.

A hacker can be a friend who just wants to see if they can get into your account, not always malicious in nature.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I just found it strange a "hacker" would go into my profile and make the changes they did. Seriously? A hacker put go FedEx? Eeeeeeeeyeah, unlikely.

My wife would never do that, and if my 11mo old daughter can pull that off, I'll stop saving for her college education right now because she's good to go without my help.

I'll change my PW and hope there are no more database snafus.
So you, in your ignorance, jump to conclusions that popped up in your conspiratorial muddied mind.

My wife blames someone else for everything that goes wrong in her life too ... I'm Ok with that.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
P.S. I would sure hope none of the mods are messing with profile info. I could see banning someone out right but to just change info because they could wouldn't be cool.

Mods cannot change any profile information.
We report any issues to Cheryl and she makes the decision and takes care of it if needed.