Monday work on sat rant

R1wonder

We had 7 RPCDS sit bitch last Saturday because they had less than 6 hours.
My hub also . Few guys were smart enough to sit and not work. The others worked . I explained they just worked while a supervisor worked . 23 years and they’re still clueless . I won’t even get 60 cuz they are micro managing hours . Oh you did 10 yesterday so here’s 8 today . Then gives 5 to a pvd and the rest to another run . So I’m filing : that’s my money

FozziesDeliveries

They don’t give us the option anymore . I went out sat with 35 stops . They say do it first , then do sat Monday work . Then they tell us not to return without calling the supervisor

Yea that’s not how my hub runs unfortunately. My hubs forcing the lower Monday - Friday guys to work all year on sat . So the 22.4 with 2 years gets a t-s schedule but the guy with 7 years who finally made rpcd gets screwed and forced 6 days . Luckily I don’t deal with that but i feel bad for those that do

My center is doing all of this same exact garbage. All of it. Right before peak one pcm "we are going to reduce the paid day on saturdays conpared to last year during peak so we can have all routes in on monday." Peak starts... "OMG WE ARE GOING TO BE SLAMMED MONDAY!!! Deliver all your assigned work for saturday AND all businesses you can get off AND all your residential on the truck AND call BEFORE YOU LEAVE YOUR AREA." Monday comes... routes cut....
dd3.png

Right.....

Also they seem to be using the non peak saturday ground plans because several routes go out as a whole route on saturday. I love this place....

charm299

How many hubs run as bad as mine . Record breaking numbers on a sat because they force us to do Monday work after Saturday work , then we come in Monday and it’s dead . Nobody has the balls to demand they’re 8 ever, they rather work punch to punch . Nobody realizes if we all said we want our 8 they wouldn’t ruin our Saturday. I had a 6 hour day and said I wanted my 8, turned it into almost 10 hours because they sent me pickups . So because I got 10, they lightened me up again today , had me give 5 hours of work to a pvd and said to be off the clock at 8 hours . So I crushed it and got back at 7 just to see what they would do , pull in , “do you want you 8” I sure do …. They sent me 25 min away to deliver 3 boxes . So as instruction by my BA I’m filing a grievance tomorrow on pvd taking my over time based on seniority. This company gets worse every year for holidays

Any other hubs dealing with this . Or is delivering Monday work on Saturday unheard of
We were told only other union drivers can take stops off of us, if they send a pvd to refuse his help

R1wonder

Grievance was submitted today violating 3 articles based on seniority . Requested I be paid for all over time lost to sub contracting. I have a 445 end time today and 4 hours of work will be dropped off to him. I’m documenting his work for each day

Dragon

Package Center Manager
How many hubs run as bad as mine . Record breaking numbers on a sat because they force us to do Monday work after Saturday work , then we come in Monday and it’s dead . Nobody has the balls to demand they’re 8 ever, they rather work punch to punch . Nobody realizes if we all said we want our 8 they wouldn’t ruin our Saturday. I had a 6 hour day and said I wanted my 8, turned it into almost 10 hours because they sent me pickups . So because I got 10, they lightened me up again today , had me give 5 hours of work to a pvd and said to be off the clock at 8 hours . So I crushed it and got back at 7 just to see what they would do , pull in , “do you want you 8” I sure do …. They sent me 25 min away to deliver 3 boxes . So as instruction by my BA I’m filing a grievance tomorrow on pvd taking my over time based on seniority. This company gets worse every year for holidays

Any other hubs dealing with this . Or is delivering Monday work on Saturday unheard of
Is this your first peak?

Advance Monday work to Saturday, Tuesday to Monday to get a jump start on the week. We have been doing it for 20+ years, nothing new.

Saving hours for Saturday in December..remember Peak 2013? Again nothing new.

PVD's we work them, keeps the paid day down on overtime. Smart Money Move.

We owe you 8 hours a day, 40 hours a week plus benefits, nothing more, get over it. Again nothing new.

So now you want overtime?? Is your name on the "Relief from over 9.5" list? What is the issue? Missing the 1.5 hrs a day of overtime from your budget? See line above.

Enjoy your peak, I know I am.

Is this your first peak?

Advance Monday work to Saturday, Tuesday to Monday to get a jump start on the week. We have been doing it for 20+ years, nothing new.

We owe you 8 hours a day, 40 hours a week plus benefits, nothing more, get over it. Again nothing new.

So now you want overtime?? Is your name on the "Relief from over 9.5" list? What is the issue? Missing the 1.5 hrs a day of overtime from your budget? See line above.

I really do not know how the PVD driver save company money

clean hairy

My center is doing all of this same exact garbage. All of it. Right before peak one pcm "we are going to reduce the paid day on saturdays conpared to last year during peak so we can have all routes in on monday." Peak starts... "OMG WE ARE GOING TO BE SLAMMED MONDAY!!! Deliver all your assigned work for saturday AND all businesses you can get off AND all your residential on the truck AND call BEFORE YOU LEAVE YOUR AREA." Monday comes... routes cut....
View attachment 410012
Right.....

Also they seem to be using the non peak saturday ground plans because several routes go out as a whole route on saturday. I love this place....
I have seen drivers still out at 7:30 on Saturdays, and they are 35-40 min from the hub.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Is this your first peak?

How have you advanced Monday work to Saturday for 20 years when we’ve only been delivering ground on Saturdays for 6 years?

And yes we remember peak 2013 when the bean counters over promised and forgot that weather can delay trucks from traveling across a country covered in snow and ice. That failure caused by dweebs like you is what caused Amazon to start figuring out a way to deliver their own packages, as usual Management smokes the Bologna Pony!

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
I thought 22.4s only were gonna work a certain percentage of routes on Saturdays during the year ? LOL YEAH RIGHT

ANOTHER LIE
🧔‍♂️✊

R1wonder

How have you advanced Monday work to Saturday for 20 years when we’ve only been delivering ground on Saturdays for 6 years?

Hahahah right ! Caught him 😂

Long story short mr manager : it’s my bid run , the surrounding areas are cover drivers , and pvd drivers , I want the work , I’m entitled to the work. It’s not a very common complaint to have us asking for more hours . And I also don’t want my Saturday ruined to come in and see a 6 hour Monday . It’s simply not necessary. And for the record I’ve only filed one 9.5 in 9 years of driving . I’m here for money

R1wonder

Last stop today is 3 o’clock, 6 hour dispatch , pvd has over 4 hours of my work. Clearly the grievance was over looked . I called the BA and left a voicemail . And I told the steward I want this filed daily . Not just a one time thing they’ll forget about. This issue needs some bold print language in out next contract

Nah
Last stop today is 3 o’clock, 6 hour dispatch , pvd has over 4 hours of my work. Clearly the grievance was over looked . I called the BA and left a voicemail . And I told the steward I want this filed daily . Not just a one time thing they’ll forget about. This issue needs some bold print language in out next contract
Keep going.

542thruNthru

Are you demanding your 8 hours?