More Global Warming

UnconTROLLed

perfection
It's a very misleading title, biased anti-GW, therefore I would imagine you never bothered to read the content. ;P

The most important idea from that piece, which is largely a rehash of already known scientifically clad data, is that 16 years is not near enough analog samples for data. I have been saying over and over again. No, the previous 16 of warming also have zero bearing of long-term climate trends. Also climate modeling does not have much accuracy with the same extremely limited data for input. It's simply too sparse and unreliable. That was buried deep within the article, and that is the sole thing to focus on right now.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Either there is GW or there is not.

I believe there is not. What appears as a cycle that happens every so often whether thre's man or not!!

M

MenInBrown

Never let a disaster get away from you...DEMS look to use any disaster to promote their agenda. Pathetic. Global warming but yet areas got over 2 feet of SNOW!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Never let a disaster get away from you...DEMS look to use any disaster to promote their agenda. Pathetic. Global warming but yet areas got over 2 feet of SNOW!

Global warming has contributed to the increased intensity of the storms that we receive.

The climate has definitely changed where I live. Winters are not nearly as cold and there seems to be fewer snowstorms---the storms that we do get seem to bring more snow with them. Whether this is global warming or simply a change in the weather patterns can be debated but I do know that we are not nearly as cold here as we used to be.

M

MenInBrown

Global warming has contributed to the increased intensity of the storms that we receive.

The climate has definitely changed where I live. Winters are not nearly as cold and there seems to be fewer snowstorms---the storms that we do get seem to bring more snow with them. Whether this is global warming or simply a change in the weather patterns can be debated but I do know that we are not nearly as cold here as we used to be.

wow considering that 2009-2011 winters were the coldest in the last 25 years...I find your assumption pretty hard to believe.

menotyou

bella amicizia
wow considering that 2009-2011 winters were the coldest in the last 25 years...I find your assumption pretty hard to believe.
We use to regularly have -20 to -40 below temps that would last days and weeks. February was always frigid. Now, we have a January thaw that lasts all January. Xmas is rarely white. The changes are amazing. The fact that you can't see it astounds me.

M

MenInBrown

We use to regularly have -20 to -40 below temps that would last days and weeks. February was always frigid. Now, we have a January thaw that lasts all January. Xmas is rarely white. The changes are amazing. The fact that you can't see it astounds me.

You dont have to believe me, do your own research...I wasnt giving you my opinion....Just because it doesnt snow does not mean its not cold.

menotyou

bella amicizia

You dont have to believe me, do your own research...I wasnt giving you my opinion....Just because it doesnt snow does not mean its not cold.
Was that about snow?

menotyou

bella amicizia
And, since I live in Snow Capital, USA, it still snows. #4 on the list.
Top snowiest U.S. cities
LOCATIONAMOUNTLOCATIONAMOUNT
1. Blue Canyon, Calif.240.39. Sexton Summit, Ore.97.8
2. Marquette, Mich.141.010. Muskegon, Mich.96.1
3. Sault Ste. Marie, Mich.117.411. Buffalo93.6
4. Syracuse, N.Y.115.612. Rochester, N.Y.92.3
5. Caribou, Maine111.613. Erie, Pa.88.8
6. Mount Shasta, Calif.104.914. Alpena, Mich.84.6
7. Lander, Wyo.100.415. Binghamton, N.Y.84.2
8. Flagstaff, Ariz.100.3*Valdez, Alaska326.0

menotyou

bella amicizia
2009-2011 winters were the coldest in the last 25 years
I was talking about where I live. We don't see the cold temps like we did when I was a kid. And, we don't have as many white xmas'. The weather is certainly changing. Call it what you will. But, it is changing. Ask any meteorologist if the weather patterns are becoming more intense. You will get a yes. I am not going to argue with you over the weather patterns, at least where I live. I live here. I know.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Gee. I don't see one -20 to -40 on there. Thanks. By the way, I am 44 and 25 years ago, isn't when I was a kid.

No snow record last year.Winterless Wonderland: Lack of snow costs U.S. 'tens of millions of dollars' as northern states see half the average amount of the white stuff | Mail Online

Syracuse, New York - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And, here is one about the cold record low of −26 °friend (−32 °C) has been witnessed three times since 1922, the last being February 18, 1979.

M

MenInBrown

Gee. I don't see one -20 to -40 on there. Thanks. By the way, I am 44 and 25 years ago, isn't when I was a kid.

No snow record last year.Winterless Wonderland: Lack of snow costs U.S. 'tens of millions of dollars' as northern states see half the average amount of the white stuff | Mail Online

Syracuse, New York - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And, here is one about the cold record low of −26 °friend(−32 °C) has been witnessed three times since 1922, the last being February 18, 1979.

does one year of less snow mean global warming?

Last edited by a moderator:

menotyou

bella amicizia

does one year of less snow mean global warming?
Where in my posts today, did you see me blame anything on Global Warming, Obama, or Bush? But, here's the data.
220px-Global_Temperature_Anomaly_1880-2010_(Fig.A).gif
220px-Global_Temperature_Anomaly_1880-2010_(Fig.A).gif