More volume for us

rod

Retired 22 years
The best day ever on my old route was the day the new elevator got up and running at the Court House I delivered to. Up until that day I had to lug all that paper up as much as 3 stories. Damn-I hated that stop.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
Initially it'll be heavy w/ boxes of paper, but then Staples will have a stroke when they see their bill.

10 boxes of paper would probably cost them around $160 - or what they were probably spending on a route driver for the day anyway.

No way it lasts.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
If they no longer have their own drivers and are more reliant on us, perhaps we can use that leverage to force them to tape their freaking boxes shut for a change. Seriously. They would get the message real quick if we started RTS'ing every case of paper that was secured only by a single plastic band.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
If they no longer have their own drivers and are more reliant on us, perhaps we can use that leverage to force them to tape their freaking boxes shut for a change. Seriously. They would get the message real quick if we started RTS'ing every case of paper that was secured only by a single plastic band.
I suppose some day we'll be installing Tommy Lifts on all cars.

We had a rural route driver get 80 cases of paper for a school. They couldn't believe it. Said it always came on pallets before. He wheeled it all the way through the school to some back room for them. Said he wAs there 2 hours.

I would of said tough :censored2: I'll leave it outside the office. You deal with it from there.
That's a bad attitude! Upstate would have done all that plus load it into their printers and still clock out before 6pm. :lol:

SCV good to go sir.

:censored2: those boxes. When I was sorter, they'd come down the slide and all my coworkers would :censored2:ing flee to other work like roaches scampering from the light. Soon as I finished the last box, they'd all come scurrying back. Lazy pieces of :censored2:.

rod

Retired 22 years

The least they could do would be to upgrade their single skimpy plastic band to a good strong one so that you could feel confident it wouldn't bust open when tossing it.

dupa

On-Road Integrated Optimization and Navigation.
bet the laid off Staples drivers make great helpers this season, unless they find out what we make.

BrownBrokeDown

I'm surprised they could get it all on the package car
At my first job (/hint its semi-related to the thread, different division /endhint) we have given our driver 90+ cases multiple times. It fits. Its always funny seeing the package car pull out with the front end a foot higher than the rear, lol.