Morning Joe' Says Trump's Tax Returns Prove 'Hillary Clinton Was Right All Along': 'He Was Desperate to Hide the Truth'

Thebrownblob

He's still richer than them. Trump didn't want everyone to find out how he takes full advantage of every loophole to minimize taxes. Looks terrible politically.
I think it makes him look smart only an idiot wouldn’t use every deduction and loophole legally allowed to them.
Why would I want someone to run the country that would not know how to do that?

vantexan

I think it makes him look smart only an idiot wouldn’t use every deduction and loophole legally allowed to them.
Why would I want someone to run the country that would not know how to do that?
You missed the word "politically." A lot of people don't look at how brilliant someone is if they pay more taxes than a billionaire.

Thebrownblob

You missed the word "politically." A lot of people don't look at how brilliant someone is if they pay more taxes than a billionaire.
I didn’t miss it. I understand what you’re saying. I just think it’s a stupid way of people looking at it politics make me nauseous I want someone, smart and capable not someone dumb and manipulated.

Thebrownblob

It's not about being brilliant, it's about being pious. Leftism is a religion. Paying taxes is like donating to their church.
Yes, when they talk in there circles, that’s what they say but in private, they hate paying taxes just as much as the next guy I know plenty of them and they’re full of crap and have no problem breaking the rules to get a tax break.

vantexan

Probably but I think he would’ve won either way because he was running against Broom Hilda.
She didn't help herself virtue signaling to the Left about destroying the coal industry. She lost a lot of counties in the Rust Belt that had been reliably Democratic for decades. A lot of things had to come together for Trump to win and that's still the case. If the economy seriously tanks in '23-'24 that should clinch it for the Republicans. A lot of people will trust Trump to improve the economy over any Democrat.