Mothers Day

Slick silver

Even though I could care less about working tomorrow and delivering maybe max 20 stops. Either FedEx is losing money for this weekend or pro flowers is losing money. The cost of paying us either at a overtime rate or dbl time is way more then the cost of the flowers even with shipping

McFeely

Huge Member
Our SDR freight :censored2: down our throats at my station today. We ran 50% more routes than a standard Saturday and our freight was over 90 minutes late. The route I normally do on a Saturday can regularly do about 35 P1 stops. Today I had 47 and zero help. Got a nice bit of overtime so IDGAF.

!Retired!

Our SDR freight :censored2: down our throats at my station today. We ran 50% more routes than a standard Saturday and our freight was over 90 minutes late. The route I normally do on a Saturday can regularly do about 35 P1 stops. Today I had 47 and zero help. Got a nice bit of overtime so IDGAF.
I haven't worked a Saturday since peak, so I have nothing to compare it to. I left the building 90 minutes late with 36 stops. Even though we had until 1:30, my last stop was at 11:57. Guess I'd better get used to it due to my wife is leaving her job soon, so I'm going to need to work a Saturday or 2 each month to cover some bills.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Even though I could care less about working tomorrow and delivering maybe max 20 stops. Either FedEx is losing money for this weekend or pro flowers is losing money. The cost of paying us either at a overtime rate or dbl time is way more then the cost of the flowers even with shipping

The people paying for Sunday delivery are paying dearly for it. They are the last minute shoppers. Toss in the guarantees from the shippers and it's not a bad deal.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
The people paying for Sunday delivery are paying dearly for it. They are the last minute shoppers. Toss in the guarantees from the shippers and it's not a bad deal.
So they're "paying dearly for it" but "it's not a bad deal."

Geez.....make up your mind.

MassWineGuy

We were told only non-DOT can work both.

Only for ProFlowers and Shari's Berries. We were told they have a deal with FedEx and guarantee a certain amount for Mothers Day and Valentine's Day. We also usually run the last Sunday before Christmas to get a jump on the last minute shoppers.

I'm DOT and no one ever mentioned this. And Saturday is a scheduled work day for me.

It took me forever to finish, mainly because all the stops were in an unfamiliar town. I had no manifest and didn't know if some stops were close together or not so I wasn't efficient.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I'm DOT and no one ever mentioned this. And Saturday is a scheduled work day for me.

It took me forever to finish, mainly because all the stops were in an unfamiliar town. I had no manifest and didn't know if some stops were close together or not so I wasn't efficient.

Inefficiency at FedEx? First time this has ever happened.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
No draft here for either days, but management asked for volunteers. Easy OT

Hi Guys!!

My name is Pete Suckass and I volunteered to work today for free...and my manager let me. Here's how I did it!! I used my personal vehicle, and just came in and stuffed it with boxes of flowers, and then delivered them all. Then, I came back and took another load! All it cost me was $20 in gas.

My wife wasn't very happy, but boy, did I ever score points with management and with my co-workers!! All of them told me I was "Number One" in their books!

IamFedex.com!!

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Loved your cameo at the end of Captain America: Civil War.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Will proflowers ever fix their damn labels? I'd day about 70% of their boxes had to be manually entered
Who ever has that sales account should insist on it but probably won't for fear of ruffling feathers and potentially losing the account. Wouldn't get my hopes up.