Motorcycle commuting question

Varsity130

I hope to be a package handler in the next couple weeks. In a note for my appointment it mentioned no backpacks or phones at all. I ride my motorcycle as often as I can and don't really have a way to lock anything to my bike. Is there some place for me to put these things or am I just going to have to give up on the idea of motorcycle commuting when I get this job? The job would be at Burtonsville if that helps.

Cementups

Box Monkey
You'd have to check with that particular location. We offer lockers but they are limited. Other locations are probably the same.

PT Car Washer

I hope to be a package handler in the next couple weeks. In a note for my appointment it mentioned no backpacks or phones at all. I ride my motorcycle as often as I can and don't really have a way to lock anything to my bike. Is there some place for me to put these things or am I just going to have to give up on the idea of motorcycle commuting when I get this job? The job would be at Burtonsville if that helps.
My building has lockers before entering the guard house. Bring your own lock.

SCV good to go sir.

At my hub a couple of package handlers left their backpacks with security at the entrance.

As alluded to above, we have a relatively small amount of lockers. Most of them are used up, but bring a lock just in case.

Worst comes to worst just be honest about your situation, I can't see them not making some type of accommodation for you (especially if you end up being a good worker).

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Buy a lockable case and add it to your bike.
Does your seat flip up and lock?
I have 3 bikes and they all have lockable storage

oldngray

nowhere special
Schwinn's don't count

What about Pee Wee?

pee-wee-title.jpg

User123

My center must be easy going. We have lockers that no one uses cause there is no guard shack to restrict items from being brought in. I ride my motorcycle in regularly and while I have a top box, you might be able to get a lock and cord to run through you backpack and strap it to your bike. I have a plastic covered steel cable that I have used to lock my riding jacket and helmet to the bike from time to time. I'm sure it could be used to strap your backpack to your bike as well.

Varsity130

Thank you guys so much for these good responses. I don't have anything worth stealing, it's just stuff I would ride in with like a jacket, maybe a pair shoes, and my book bag.

PT Car Washer

Thank you guys so much for these good responses. I don't have anything worth stealing, it's just stuff I would ride in with like a jacket, maybe a pair shoes, and my book bag.
People that would steal stuff from a car will not mess with a bike. Too open and how do they know you are not a hells angel or al fastero..