Moving to another state

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Ashleyrenee44, Aug 24, 2019.

  1. Ashleyrenee44

    Ashleyrenee44 New Member

    I'm a full time driver. I'm going to be moving half way across the country in a couple months. Is there a way to keep my employment status with UPS when I move? I know I won't get a driver position at the new center but I don't want to lose my vacation and seniority. Any advice would be appreciated.
  2. Simplymike

    Simplymike New Member

    You would probably have to quit and reapply. The transfer sign up sheet will should be posted October 1st. The western region is only allowed to transfer, if there is an opening. Good luck
  3. ibleedbrown

    ibleedbrown Active Member

    Talk to HR, there are driver shortages throughout the country you never know they might throw you right in.
  4. ManInBrown

    ManInBrown Well-Known Member

    I highly doubt that. If that were the case i would be gone tomorrow. Its the pension. Thats why they dont let people transfer
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  5. Feeder665

    Feeder665 Go big or go home!

    If you transfer it has to be in the same position you currently are in. As stated in another post you can ask for a hardship transfer. Usually it has to be because your spouse is moving or being forced to move due to military or work related reasons. Then ups will transfer you. However this is not guaranteed.
  6. 9.5er

    9.5er Well-Known Member

    Tell them you need an educational transfer for school. And once you are done with school you’ll go into management. Hahahaha
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  7. SmithBarney

    SmithBarney Well-Known Member

    We at FDX-E, I just had two drivers leave and walk right on at UPS, first as preload, then FT driving in 2 months.
  8. Wally

    Wally BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

    Try the hardship scam. It seems to work for some Snowflakes.