Moving to another state

I'm a full time driver. I'm going to be moving half way across the country in a couple months. Is there a way to keep my employment status with UPS when I move? I know I won't get a driver position at the new center but I don't want to lose my vacation and seniority. Any advice would be appreciated.

Simplymike

You would probably have to quit and reapply. The transfer sign up sheet will should be posted October 1st. The western region is only allowed to transfer, if there is an opening. Good luck

ibleedbrown

I'm a full time driver. I'm going to be moving half way across the country in a couple months. Is there a way to keep my employment status with UPS when I move? I know I won't get a driver position at the new center but I don't want to lose my vacation and seniority. Any advice would be appreciated.

Talk to HR, there are driver shortages throughout the country you never know they might throw you right in.

Feeder665

Go big or go home!
If you transfer it has to be in the same position you currently are in. As stated in another post you can ask for a hardship transfer. Usually it has to be because your spouse is moving or being forced to move due to military or work related reasons. Then ups will transfer you. However this is not guaranteed.

9.5er

Tell them you need an educational transfer for school. And once you are done with school you’ll go into management. Hahahaha