Mr. Smith attends Obama"s meeting on fiscal cliff deficit

MAKAVELI

Jesus was above such things. He would not force anything on anyone, but rather expected personal responsibility and our taking care of our fellow man on an individual basis.

Let it go Van, this women is all about FREE SEX, FREE ABORTIONS, FREE DRUGS, FREE MONEY,FREE HEALTHCARE,FREE FOOD. Let the wealthy take care of the problem. RIGHT....THE NEW CENTURY CHRISTIANS....BLAAAA.....Its the GIVE ME GIVE ME GIVE ME Genreration.....They need to get on their hands and knees to do a lot of soul searching.....

I find it ironic and hypocritical that you posted this and at the same time you're looking for a buyout. Essentially free money. Just saying.........

Goldilocks

I find it ironic and hypocritical that you posted this and at the same time you're looking for a buyout. Essentially free money. Just saying.........

Really? I worked for my money.....And have a retirement....Just waiting to see what will happen, thats it....I have never taken from the Government....Paved my own stones...

MAKAVELI

I could care less about Fox,but like a good Republic Party member you never know when to shut up do you ? Proved wrong and you can't admit it,always have to have the last word. Again what you speak is B.S. you are not of spanish speaking descent,just because you know a few means nothing,you are not one and Rubio and Goldie do not represent the majority.

Well I am, and so is my husband who is from Mexico..Who came into our country the right way....Lets see, bet you are a NewYor Rican.....Born in this country and claims to be full blooded hispanic.....You in no way represents the Hispanic Culture....You want what the rich have but dont want to work for it.....You want OBAMACLAUS.

And you do? A " full blooded hispanic" that listens to Limbaugh! Hilarious! I could probably count " full blooded Hispanics" like you in this country on my hands.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Really? I worked for my money.....And have a retirement....Just waiting to see what will happen, thats it....I have never taken from the Government....Paved my own stones...

OK, so how about "entitlements"? You know, Social Security and Medicare, the favorite targets of the GOP. You worked for these too, and they want to take them away or modify them as to be unrecognizable. A buyout would be "stealing" from Fred because he is a job creator who owes you nothing. In fact, you're lucky to even have a job, which seems to be the way Republicans feel about hourly workers these days.

Rush Limbaugh makes millions milking you fools dry with his hate speech and talk of Obama Claus. It plays right into your sentiments and straight into his wallet. Hundreds of local radio clones and imitators do the same thing, and line their pockets of your fear of Obama. In fact, Fox, Rush, Beck, Hannity, and the rest all stood to lose a lot of money and audience if Romney had won. Nothing left to feed the Hate Machine.

Both you and van make me laugh, because you support the party that actually oppresses you. In other words, you vote and speak against your own interests. Your supreme leader Mr. Smith embodies everything the GOP supports...no unions, few employee rights, and ridiculous work rules and wages that don't even keep up with inflation. If you are a long-term employee, your wages have been headed backwards for years if you adjust for inflation and cost of living. Instead of begging for a buyout from job creator Smith you should thank him for your opportunity and head-out to become a future millionaire job creator like the rest of the GOP faithful.

Hypocrites.

Lordtekk

My bilingual Hispanic cousins would disagree. Again, where did you me prove wrong? Calling me names doesn't prove anything. And again, my mother's family is mostly Cherokee. Do you take pride in your heritage? I hope so. You can list "talking points" all you want but what you are really doing is listing common sense ideas and measures for which you have no valid alternative to so you just put them down. Your party is spending us into oblivion, and it'll be apparent soon enough to everyone. And somehow you'll try to spin it that it was the Republicans who forced them to do it.
Sure they are part cherokee ,hispanic cousins sell that B.S. to someone else. You are funny. Exterminated them,stole their land,now every white person in the South is related to them. What a pack of crap. Ashamed of what you are ? That must mean I am related to King Carlos of Spain,must be true because I said so even though I have no evidence to back it up. What A joke.

Lordtekk

Well I am, and so is my husband who is from Mexico..Who came into our country the right way....Lets see, bet you are a NewYor Rican.....Born in this country and claims to be full blooded hispanic.....You in no way represents the Hispanic Culture....You want what the rich have but dont want to work for it.....You want OBAMACLAUS.
Let's see we work for the same company,probably have the same time in and I don't want to work for it ? Can you see how stupid that sounds ? I work for mine,just like you. I can ask did you marry your husband so he can stay in this country ? I am a NY Spaniard you know the real thing,not Rican, Dominican,Cuban,etc .Full blooded spanish not an offshoot. But read what you write I want free stuff yet I work for the same company. As far as representing hispanic,you don't come anywhere near representing them. Hateful,spiteful,hugs a bible but does not even know what it says. You are the worst kind a self loathing hispanic who thinks they are white. Does your husband have his papers since he is from Mexico and not born in the U.S.A. Quit while you are ahead. Free stuff,how stupid is that.

TUT

OK, so how about "entitlements"? You know, Social Security and Medicare, the favorite targets of the GOP.

If S.S. is an entitlement, then I want all my money I put into it back, with interest!

And if they don't want to have old people dying on the streets, I suggest they have some type of medical plan for them.

Not saying that is your point or not, but if people are calling those entitlements these days...

vantexan

OK, so how about "entitlements"? You know, Social Security and Medicare, the favorite targets of the GOP. You worked for these too, and they want to take them away or modify them as to be unrecognizable. A buyout would be "stealing" from Fred because he is a job creator who owes you nothing. In fact, you're lucky to even have a job, which seems to be the way Republicans feel about hourly workers these days.

Rush Limbaugh makes millions milking you fools dry with his hate speech and talk of Obama Claus. It plays right into your sentiments and straight into his wallet. Hundreds of local radio clones and imitators do the same thing, and line their pockets of your fear of Obama. In fact, Fox, Rush, Beck, Hannity, and the rest all stood to lose a lot of money and audience if Romney had won. Nothing left to feed the Hate Machine.

Both you and van make me laugh, because you support the party that actually oppresses you. In other words, you vote and speak against your own interests. Your supreme leader Mr. Smith embodies everything the GOP supports...no unions, few employee rights, and ridiculous work rules and wages that don't even keep up with inflation. If you are a long-term employee, your wages have been headed backwards for years if you adjust for inflation and cost of living. Instead of begging for a buyout from job creator Smith you should thank him for your opportunity and head-out to become a future millionaire job creator like the rest of the GOP faithful.

Hypocrites.

First off it's not stealing if they are offering money to leave. It benefits them too, and after many years of hard work call it just due for services rendered.

Secondly if I were in the same room with Smith, Limbaugh, Hannity et al I'd be more than happy to tell them some of what they espouse is wrong, for what good it would do. But I support the Republican Party because I believe in hard work, I believe in personal responsibility, I believe in limited government, I believe in the right to life for every unborn child(with abortion only for rape and incest and then only in the very early stages of pregnancy), I believe in the sanctity of marriage between a man and woman, I believe in public religious expression, and I believe in U.S. exceptionalism. In spite of it's flaws I believe the U.S. is a force for good in the world, and we've made great contributions to the world in technology, medicine, and our willingness to fight to preserve order and decency in the world.

As a whole I don't see the Democrat party representing these values, and for me these values are more important than whether I do as well financially as some do. If they make their living dishonestly I truly believe they'll answer for it someday but what matters to me now is what I do, not what they do.

When I was a kid I dreamed of making millions and giving it away as fast as I made it. It meant a lot to me to help others in need. Obviously a kid's dreams are usually unobtainable, but I still have a chance to spend my income in a third world nation and possibly do someone some good, so I'm leaving as soon as I can to do just that. A drop in the bucket for sure, but better than to stay here making someone who doesn't need it wealthier. A life spent buying the latest toy, living in more house than I need, driving the hottest car, and feeling my life is incomplete because I can't do such things is a wasted life in my opinion. If that's what fuels someone's anger toward those who do better then one should take a long look in the mirror and reassess one's values. If you want a better world it has to start with you first.

Lordtekk

Not really our pension is fully funded by Fedex so I am sure you will be rejecting because it is free money. That is our traditional pension that we once had. You did not work for it Fedex is giving it to you.

vantexan

Sure they are part cherokee ,hispanic cousins sell that B.S. to someone else. You are funny. Exterminated them,stole their land,now every white person in the South is related to them. What a pack of crap. Ashamed of what you are ? That must mean I am related to King Carlos of Spain,must be true because I said so even though I have no evidence to back it up. What A joke.

Really? My grandparents are from eastern Oklahoma where their great grandparents were forcibly removed to by the U.S. government. My grandfather's father is full blooded Cherokee, his mother 3/4ths. My Grandmother's father was half Cherokee, her mother full blooded. I also have Creek ancestry from Alabama. Do you know the word Seminole? It is a Creek word meaning runaway. The Creeks were defeated by Andrew Jackson at the Battle of Horseshoe Bend in Alabama and the survivors fled to Florida where they mixed with other natives and runaway slaves to form the Seminole nation. Osceola himself was half white, his father a Scots-Irish trader in Alabama.

My Hispanic relatives are on my dad's side of the family. I've had a 2nd cousin marry a Mexican-American man from San Antonio and I grew up with her 3 very Mexican looking, bilingual children. A first cousin of mine married a young man from the Rio Grande Valley also and has 3 wonderful girls. I'm very proud of what I am, I can look you in the eye and say My ancestors never enslaved hundreds of millions of natives like the Spanish did. Read up on Potosi, Bolivia where 6 million Native American men and 10's of thousands of African slaves died over more than a century under forced labor in the largest silver mine ever discovered. You want to feel superior about what happened in the States but apparently don't know about Spain's equally and often more brutal history in the New World. The single most successful Indian revolt in what is now the U.S. occurred against the Spanish in Santa Fe, not against the Anglos, who weren't even in Santa Fe yet.

You think you know, but the more you speak the more ignorant you reveal yourself. Yes, truly an amusing joke.

Goldilocks

Not really our pension is fully funded by Fedex so I am sure you will be rejecting because it is free money. That is our traditional pension that we once had. You did not work for it Fedex is giving it to you.

I have mine, small as it is. I wont get into this with you. You are entitled to your own opinion. And yes my husband is a US citizen. Also works for Express.....Longer than me.....We are both proud to support the Rep. party....

Goldilocks

First off it's not stealing if they are offering money to leave. It benefits them too, and after many years of hard work call it just due for services rendered.

Secondly if I were in the same room with Smith, Limbaugh, Hannity et al I'd be more than happy to tell them some of what they espouse is wrong, for what good it would do. But I support the Republican Party because I believe in hard work, I believe in personal responsibility, I believe in limited government, I believe in the right to life for every unborn child(with abortion only for rape and incest and then only in the very early stages of pregnancy), I believe in the sanctity of marriage between a man and woman, I believe in public religious expression, and I believe in U.S. exceptionalism. In spite of it's flaws I believe the U.S. is a force for good in the world, and we've made great contributions to the world in technology, medicine, and our willingness to fight to preserve order and decency in the world.

As a whole I don't see the Democrat party representing these values, and for me these values are more important than whether I do as well financially as some do. If they make their living dishonestly I truly believe they'll answer for it someday but what matters to me now is what I do, not what they do.

When I was a kid I dreamed of making millions and giving it away as fast as I made it. It meant a lot to me to help others in need. Obviously a kid's dreams are usually unobtainable, but I still have a chance to spend my income in a third world nation and possibly do someone some good, so I'm leaving as soon as I can to do just that. A drop in the bucket for sure, but better than to stay here making someone who doesn't need it wealthier. A life spent buying the latest toy, living in more house than I need, driving the hottest car, and feeling my life is incomplete because I can't do such things is a wasted life in my opinion. If that's what fuels someone's anger toward those who do better then one should take a long look in the mirror and reassess one's values. If you want a better world it has to start with you first.

Exactly.....

vantexan

Begging your pardon but the traditional pension was part of our compensation package and was based on how much we earned as well as our time spent working for FedEx. It was an incentive to keep people at the company rather than leaving to work elsewhere for a little more hourly pay. Corporations in general have figured out that with a bad economy and more workers than available work they don't have to offer such incentives to retain people. In FedEx's case they know they have to offer something for what they put us through in order to reduce turnover so we still have a reduced pension plan. And THAT'S our buyout. We can can leave at anytime we like, cashing out what's in the portable pension plan. Sure I'd like to get a buyout now, but the PPP will allow me to leave soon, and with the accelerated option of the traditional pension I'll not only be able to get by but be able to save more than I do working fulltime. And when Social Security starts at 62, that entire check will go into savings from 62 to 67 when my pension will be greatly reduced. If you stop complaining, and look at what's available to you, you can still have a decent life. Not a biggest house in the best neighborhood life, but you can have plenty to eat, beautiful weather and scenery, and modern communications to stay in touch and have access to English newspapers, books, even television. If you just make the most of it rather than demanding others provide everything for you, you can have a decent life.

Goldilocks

Begging your pardon but the traditional pension was part of our compensation package and was based on how much we earned as well as our time spent working for FedEx. It was an incentive to keep people at the company rather than leaving to work elsewhere for a little more hourly pay. Corporations in general have figured out that with a bad economy and more workers than available work they don't have to offer such incentives to retain people. In FedEx's case they know they have to offer something for what they put us through in order to reduce turnover so we still have a reduced pension plan. And THAT'S our buyout. We can can leave at anytime we like, cashing out what's in the portable pension plan. Sure I'd like to get a buyout now, but the PPP will allow me to leave soon, and with the accelerated option of the traditional pension I'll not only be able to get by but be able to save more than I do working fulltime. And when Social Security starts at 62, that entire check will go into savings from 62 to 67 when my pension will be greatly reduced. If you stop complaining, and look at what's available to you, you can still have a decent life. Not a biggest house in the best neighborhood life, but you can have plenty to eat, beautiful weather and scenery, and modern communications to stay in touch and have access to English newspapers, books, even television. If you just make the most of it rather than demanding others provide everything for you, you can have a decent life.

Great post Van, I think thats what most of us want....To finally relax...I would like a log cabin some roosters, chickens and ducks and a pond to go fishing....

Lordtekk

Really? My grandparents are from eastern Oklahoma where their great grandparents were forcibly removed to by the U.S. government. My grandfather's father is full blooded Cherokee, his mother 3/4ths. My Grandmother's father was half Cherokee, her mother full blooded. I also have Creek ancestry from Alabama. Do you know the word Seminole? It is a Creek word meaning runaway. The Creeks were defeated by Andrew Jackson at the Battle of Horseshoe Bend in Alabama and the survivors fled to Florida where they mixed with other natives and runaway slaves to form the Seminole nation. Osceola himself was half white, his father a Scots-Irish trader in Alabama.

My Hispanic relatives are on my dad's side of the family. I've had a 2nd cousin marry a Mexican-American man from San Antonio and I grew up with her 3 very Mexican looking, bilingual children. A first cousin of mine married a young man from the Rio Grande Valley also and has 3 wonderful girls. I'm very proud of what I am, I can look you in the eye and say My ancestors never enslaved hundreds of millions of natives like the Spanish did. Read up on Potosi, Bolivia where 6 million Native American men and 10's of thousands of African slaves died over more than a century under forced labor in the largest silver mine ever discovered. You want to feel superior about what happened in the States but apparently don't know about Spain's equally and often more brutal history in the New World. The single most successful Indian revolt in what is now the U.S. occurred against the Spanish in Santa Fe, not against the Anglos, who weren't even in Santa Fe yet.

You think you know, but the more you speak the more ignorant you reveal yourself. Yes, truly an amusing joke.
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ. You bore me already,just shut up do you ever shut up ? I'm not reading all of that just diatribe to me. Man get a life.