MRA?

t2828

So i was just told by my suepervusor the mra agreement ends this monday i didn’t even know what that was until i just looked it up he said your pay will go down $5 an hour basically back to what i started at and it effects everyone differently. i started at 20 an hour this summer but he made it seem like it was going to 15 an hour. Just curious if anyone knows more about this than me.

So i was just told by my suepervusor the mra agreement ends this monday i didn’t even know what that was until i just looked it up he said your pay will go down $5 an hour basically back to what i started at and it effects everyone differently. i started at 20 an hour this summer but he made it seem like it was going to 15 an hour. Just curious if anyone knows more about this than me.
My building is ending the $17/hr minimum wage and going to a $75/week show up bonus for most PT employees. Equals to a $3.75/hr increase at 20 hours a week.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Seriously, if you’re not really here for the healthcare, you should be able to find many other jobs that are 15 an hour… less work, better hours…many people will leave because of this happening.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
You gon say friend-it?

EmpireUPS909

Trailer sweep is a cake walk
We were told last night about the MRA ending and 10 people quit. We are already short staffed as it is. Don't know how UPS plans to deal with a labor shortage when Del Taco down the block is giving full time hours at 17 dollars.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
We were told last night about the MRA ending and 10 people quit. We are already short staffed as it is. Don't know how UPS plans to deal with a labor shortage when Del Taco down the block is giving full time hours at 17 dollars.
Lmao… and you get some free food also…love del taco… I would be willing to bet that they end up changing that policy again within a month or two…

EmpireUPS909

Trailer sweep is a cake walk
Lmao… and you get some free food also…love del taco… I would be willing to bet that they end up changing that policy again within a month or two…
There's a company called Ferguson that's paying 21 dollars in my area as well as Amazon, Target, Walmart and other distribution centers. All these jobs come with full time hours and benefits after 90 days. At UPS, it takes 10 years in my hub to go full time and benefits after 9 months.

542thruNthru

There's a company called Ferguson that's paying 21 dollars in my area as well as Amazon, Target, Walmart and other distribution centers. All these jobs come with full time hours and benefits after 90 days. At UPS, it takes 10 years in my hub to go full time and benefits after 9 months.
They are obviously better jobs with lots of upward mobility. I say you should take one of them.

Last edited:

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
You gon say friend-it?
why you still there?

Gman33909

What is the current 22.3 timeline there, at least there's lots of hours at that hub

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Time to quit. Watch how fast wages come back.

Yolo

Surprised they took it away. Honestly did not see that coming. I saw people in Seattle saying they dropped from $27/hr to $15/hr. And the memo provided by UPS said the pay rate would be the union negotiated rate or the local minimum wage. Whichever is higher. Bad work by our negotiating committees when the minimum wage is higher than the union wage.

Surprised they took it away. Honestly did not see that coming. I saw people in Seattle saying they dropped from $27/hr to $15/hr. And the memo provided by UPS said the pay rate would be the union negotiated rate or the local minimum wage. Whichever is higher. Bad work by our negotiating committees when the minimum wage is higher than the union wage.
I can verify this.

Many people are quitting and we're already short-staffed, so I am confused by theis decision--or rather, wondering if there is a larger 4-D chess move at play.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Yeah the negotiation committee should’ve been able to predict a viral pandemic that started two years after they presented the contract that would restrict international travel and visas resulting in more jobs than people to fill them along with two years of free money by the government. Cut me a break.

Thebrownblob

Our bonus is $75/wk which equals out to $3.75/hr for a 20 hr/wk. for everyone. Better then the $17/hr minimum wage before.
I Believe with the bonus the pay equals the same here as well unless you factor in overtime. But there’s not too much of that in the building right now.