If you can't reach should you be hired?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

AsweetGirl

Is No Longer Affiliated With UPS
Don't go into HR! you ask this question and you will be in court tomorrow

I was asked that at my interview I didn't think there was a problem with the question.

I almost felt obligated to say no, I'm not pregnant and have no plans to become pregnant. - because that's sort of how I felt the question was being asked.... But instead I just said nope I'll be able to do the job.

rod

Retired 22 years
We had a short gal who drove an old P-800 for years. She used one of those plastic containers that 4 one gallon milk jugs used to come in.

MzTeaze

So I'm wondering what ups does for those hired that are a little shorter than average? Do they provide a step stool? What if an employees arms are not long enough to reach across the belt if needed or even preload a car?
Will this person receive special accommodations to enable the ability to work productively?
Should this person be placed in a job that doesn't rely on height or arm span?
How does ups discriminate those who are vertically challenged, without "discriminating"?

Should below average height be considered a disability that keeps someone from being hired because they'd have trouble completing their tasks?

If you are loading, you MUST have a load stand in your trailer at all times. It should be part of your set up habit to get a load stand as you are still required to build walls vertically.

The above will be emphasised by your sup & or trainer.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
If you are loading, you MUST have a load stand in your trailer at all times. It should be part of your set up habit to get a load stand as you are still required to build walls vertically.

Seriously!!

Lmao

oldngray

nowhere special
292399.jpg

AsweetGirl

Is No Longer Affiliated With UPS

Thank you! It's great to hear that it's nothing new. I was just concerned for someone I met last week, who was worried about doing the job. Honestly, it just makes me sad because it seems like she's going to have more difficulties to do the same job. No doubt in my mind that she will do awesome, and blow everyone away. I believe in her. I just hate to see people struggle.

MzTeaze

Seriously!!

Lmao

Yep. Loading to the top is important on trailer routes that fill up quickly as there is a bean counter somewhere that calculates how much "should" fit in a trailer. Not using all of the vertical space is one way sups get on folks.

Thus load stands for noobs and short folks.

Indecisi0n

So I'm wondering what ups does for those hired that are a little shorter than average? Do they provide a step stool? What if an employees arms are not long enough to reach across the belt if needed or even preload a car?
Will this person receive special accommodations to enable the ability to work productively?
Should this person be placed in a job that doesn't rely on height or arm span?
How does ups discriminate those who are vertically challenged, without "discriminating"?

Should below average height be considered a disability that keeps someone from being hired because they'd have trouble completing their tasks?
We are all the same height laying down ...