My back hurts

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
My brother-in-law who is also a retired UPS driver has had 3 back surgeries and is going in in a few months for another one. I think he has had his whole spine fused together except for maybe 3 vertebrate. He walks around looking at the ground.
I hope UPS is still paying for it !!
They should own this for all his days !

Indecisi0n

do I need a new mattress. I feel fine at work and when I’m at home, but the moment I lay in bed, my back starts to ache.

I’m not sure if this is from lifting/Lowering for many years but I work genuinely pretty safe.

Any tips?
Have you tried laying down on your stomach, face down, pillow under your hips to help prop them up?

Days

I hope UPS is still paying for it !!
They should own this for all his days !

Can’t preach enough about working safely. The sups stress bending with your knees but I’m sure like many others here, if you have long legs, it’s not that easy to do. If you’re also a bit overweight it can be even harder to do and SLOW. The best method to lifting and lowering is to avoid doing so. If you’re a loader, find a good box to stack things on.

Keep your back straight when lifting. You can lift objects without using your knees while also keeping your back straight, it just takes practice. Lastly, if you can hold onto a bar or a wall while picking things up. * use equipment to assist!!”. It takes stress off your back if you can push some of the force onto something else.

I work safely and still get back pain. Mine probably stems from years of bad habits though. You’re not really aware of poor lifting habits until your back starts to finally wear out.

Days

The company could also offer back braces. They’re not attractive but could save the company a lot of money if they offered them to unloaders or people that wanted them

rod

Retired 22 years
The company could also offer back braces. They’re not attractive but could save the company a lot of money if they offered them to unloaders or people that wanted them

Their excuse was always those back support belts would encourage people to lift more that they should. How's that for a lame excuse to get out of spending a few bucks.

Days

Their excuse was always those back support belts would encourage people to lift more that they should. How's that for a lame excuse to get out of spending a few bucks.

Might be a valid reason but I watch people in the hub while being supervised lifting over 70’s outside of their power zones. I think in all cases that should not be acceptable behavior. Shouldn’t be lifting over 70’s above shoulder level( by yourself ) either.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Might be a valid reason but I watch people in the hub while being supervised lifting over 70’s outside of their power zones. I think in all cases that should not be acceptable behavior. Shouldn’t be lifting over 70’s above shoulder level( by yourself ) either.
If anyone truly followed the contract with the over 70 language, UPS would be screwed.

Box Ox

do I need a new mattress. I feel fine at work and when I’m at home, but the moment I lay in bed, my back starts to ache.

I’m not sure if this is from lifting/Lowering for many years but I work genuinely pretty safe.

Any tips?

Bend over and tell Dr. @Indecisi0n where it hurts.