My badge was taken, Am I Fired

Will I get my job back for forgetting to clock out and running to the store?

• Yes

Votes: 12 40.0%
  • No

Votes: 18 60.0%

• Total voters

Returntosender

Stealing company time is a tricky one. Depends on how much they like you.
Or if you assigned to car shifters or local sort but work preload and your name is off report (ghost) but your production hours shoew up on the morning report. Those are the ones they will not terminate for first violationl. They need a replacement employee from another department

clean hairy

If you did not tell anyone what you were doing, it might could have been seen as walking off the job and quitting.
If you owned a business and noticed Joe Shmoe was missing, another employee tells you they Joe walked out the door, you might see that as Joe quit?
Joe has sencond thoughts about quitting and comes back with the story you told us.
Would you expect Joe might leave and not come back at some point in the future? Would you want to risk that?

oldngray

nowhere special
1123920799.jpg

Godbody

Ok, so that was probably a steward who was filling out a grievance form? If it were me, I would have had a chat with the sup to try to reason with him and get you right back to work. They were probably just trying to make an example out of you. Go ahead and call your sup, but it would still be a good idea to check in with your BA as well. You are new enough, you may not know if the steward is trustworthy.
Yea he trustworthy, he pulled me up beffire we filled the papers out and asked why I didn’t clock out and I told him I’m still new I didn’t know and he said well next time jus clock out and we filled the paperwork out but he said it’ll take a few days .. who is my BA? Idk what that is

Godbody

If you did not tell anyone what you were doing, it might could have been seen as walking off the job and quitting.
If you owned a business and noticed Joe Shmoe was missing, another employee tells you they Joe walked out the door, you might see that as Joe quit?
Joe has sencond thoughts about quitting and comes back with the story you told us.
Would you expect Joe might leave and not come back at some point in the future? Would you want to risk that?
Tru but they all know I’m not quitting because I’m the only new guy that run around helping people and proved myself that I want to be there as to why I won the bid.. and the sup kno it was a mistake but he felt like using his power so he did

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Yea he trustworthy, he pulled me up beffire we filled the papers out and asked why I didn’t clock out and I told him I’m still new I didn’t know and he said well next time jus clock out and we filled the paperwork out but he said it’ll take a few days .. who is my BA? Idk what that is

The BA, also known as a Union Rep, is the local union official who, with the help of stewards, enforce contracts with the companies we work for. They are paid by our dues, and are direct employees of the Union. He or she would be the person who would know the status of your grievance.

Godbody

The BA, also known as a Union Rep, is the local union official who, with the help of stewards, enforce contracts with the companies we work for. They are paid by our dues, and are direct employees of the Union. He or she would be the person who would know the status of your grievance.
Ok he said he’d call me but it’ll take a few days and I trust that he will say ima good worker and it was a honest mistake and it’s like 2 others guys that are union reps or stewards and they also know me and my work ethic.. I jus never worked at a job that do t explain the rules and fire you from ur first mistake , because NOW I know but wish I would’ve knew before because I would’ve stayed and waited

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Tru but they all know I’m not quitting because I’m the only new guy that run around helping people and proved myself that I want to be there as to why I won the bid.. and the sup kno it was a mistake but he felt like using his power so he did

You're going to find out quickly at UPS that running, helping, and proving yourself doesn't win bids......
.....SENIORITY DOES !!!

Good Luck

Godbody

You're going to find out quickly at UPS that running, helping, and proving yourself doesn't win bids......
.....SENIORITY DOES !!!

Good Luck
Of course, I had seniority over those who applied for that position the people who been there didn’t want nor apply for that shift, what I’m saying as far as this point is I came in and proved myself and then got the position and continued to work hard unlike some who get where they want to be and lack because they feel secure.. but we’re going off the subject, my concern is do I have a chance getting reinstated from this situation?

Godbody

Isn't that technically his break?
That’s what I was thinking, is it tht serious that I forgot to clock out for my break? That can be easily corrected because it’s been done a few times like wen I lose my badge and I can’t clock out for lunch they tell me go ahead and they’ll jus fix it later, so isn’t this kinda the same?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
That’s what I was thinking, is it tht serious that I forgot to clock out for my break? That can be easily corrected because it’s been done a few times like wen I lose my badge and I can’t clock out for lunch they tell me go ahead and they’ll jus fix it later, so isn’t this kinda the same?

No

sandwich

The resident gearhead
And look at what "proving yourself" did. Absolutely nothing. They fired you because they could.

So let this be a lesson when you get your job back.

Just punch in on time do your job and go home. Do not come in on your days off and do not go above and beyond for this company.

They will take advantage of your willingness to help out and work you into the ground, then fire you for something trivial.