My boss is not treating me right...

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
During peak back in 87,the woman loading next to me was givin a C/section (during break ) by our supe who was going to BU for political science,,, after the break,baby was taken to the saftey zone and read the slips and falls schtick,then placed in the sort aisle to help the team out !

UPSGUY72

I injured my ankle at work walking from a grating to a smooth surface and twisted it. I took one day to "self- treat".My boss wanted me to work one day after that and he pushed me to do so so i did. I got hurt badly the following week and went to Baptist Worx. The doctor said to "keep the ankle air cast on and do not take it off but to ice it because I need support." Just a wrapped ace bandage isn't going to work. The next day my boss demanded I come into work and I showed up with sandals on because I cannot get my work boot over it. The guards did not allow me to come into UPS. They told me to call my supervisor, *******. HE told me to take off the cast and to put my boot on instead of letting me off that day!! The guards were shocked. I went into work and my boss told me to wait to see the Safety rep., **********. I saw her and told her what happened and she said that he would have to make the desicion to work or not! Larry said I "needed to work". He unwrapped the bandage I had on and re wrapped it to his liking without putting any of my feelings into consideration i.e. "are you ok"?, "is this too tight?". He then went to press on my injured, inflamed, aching ankle and my tear ducts welled up. He immediately stopped and did not ask if I was all right. He told me to use my vacation time for an injury and go home. What should I do?

The first week when you got hurt did you notify your SUP ??? or did you suck it up and just call in the next day ??? The second time you got hurt and went and saw a Dr, they told you you could go back to work after you told them what was expected out of you during your shift (ie your going to be on your feet the whole time) ???? I find that hard to believe.

Also if you called in the first time you got hurt without a problem and without going to a Dr., Why didn't you call in the second time you should have had a DR note that time with work restrictions ??

I agree a lot of SUP aren't the brightest bulb on the street but none of them would be so dull to tell you to take of a "cast" that a Dr told you you needed to wear.

I also call BS....

UPSGUY72

how do you get a doctor's note if you haven't been there a year yet and you don't have insurance?

If you got hurt at work go to the ER tell them you got hurt at work and they will file it as a workman's comp incident and it won't cost you a penny. Even if it wasn't a workman's comp incident claim poverty and they will have you fill out some paperwork about how much you make and depending on how much you make they will either pro rate the bill or you will owe nothing. The state (medicaid) will pick up the tab.

NI3

Since your wage is so low as a partimer you qualify for government assistance for your medical.

Not around here. The state assisted health insurance is in a financial crisis the last few years and it is awarded on a lottery system unless you're <19, pregnant or on SSI.