My Doctor Told Me Today I Should Quit This Company

hdkappler

I went in today to get a more comprehensive physical.

My doctor has been warning me for years about my hypertension and today she told me i should seriously consider quitting this job to save my life.

She's pretty good looking. i told her that i couldn't afford to quit unless I found a doctor or someone to support me.

what do you think? should I ask her out?
:happy2:you don't know how good you got it.your pay and benifits.:happy-very:i know people who would do your job in a heartbeat.:funny:wouldn't have to pay till over 40hours.:smart:

There's meds you can take for high blood pressure. Date the Doc, if you can and really think that there could be something to it. Keep in mind, most doctors don't have much of a social life, by the time their day is done it's late and the next day starts early.

Up_and_at_UPS

Coffee box sniffer
There's meds you can take for high blood pressure. Date the Doc, if you can and really think that there could be something to it. Keep in mind, most doctors don't have much of a social life, by the time their day is done it's late and the next day starts early.

Sounds like a UPS driver!

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
hahahahahahahahahahaha. OMG....this was PRICELESS! I say GO FOR IT!! If she doesn't have a ring on that finger, all you risk is rejection. I work in a professional field and I can tell you she might be uncomfortable treating you if she rejects your overture but she's also a professional, so she'll deal :). If it makes you feel any better, I asked a woman out I met in my college library! Good luck and please, do let us know what happens. -Rocky

Edit: If you've got hypertension from working for a company, yeah, its time to get out. No doubt whatsoever. Pay a fortune for your health insurance elsewhere if you must but get OUT!!!
And? Come on Rocky, don't just leave us hanging.

P

pickup

okay orangputeh, first of all I liked the curve in the post where we all thought the question was going to be "should I quit?" instead we got "should I ask her out?"

Assuming that she did tell you your hypertension is a problem , well good you know the problem. Now let us focus on solutions. If I remember you have a bid for a long drive with you sitting on your butt for long periods of time. Is it possible for you to bid on a job with less hours? Essentially, you are quitting a job with long hours in exchange for one with fewer hours.

Also, let me throw this one out to you , try putting a pinch of cayenne pepper powder in hot water and drink it down or better yet savour it as you drink it down. Can't get cayenne pepper?(most health food stores carry it), hot chilli powder will have similar effects and sometimes chilli powder is made from cayenne pepper. The reason why one gets a flush face from hot chilli is from the chilli powder which causes the whole circulatory system's tube's (arteries, veins, and in this case capillaries to open up). Can it hurt to try. The effect on you might be the equivalent of the sun breaking through on a cloudy day and shining on you. (you know the feeling)

Also, I remember another thread you started asking for advice on how to feel less beat up after your 12 hour day and your two hour overall commute.
I guess I recycled the "bid a less taxing job" that I believe over95 recommended

I recommended the hot water in a bucket trick with you putting your feet in it to open up the circulation. I still stand by it

Good luck pal

There are no problems, only solutions - John Lennon(Watching the wheels go round and round)

Seek and ye shall find - somewhere in the new testament spoken by some rabblerouser

and now I will take a slice of my own advice under the "good luck pal" so that I can change my signature

D

Dis-organized Labor

okay orangputeh, first of all I liked the curve in the post where we all thought the question was going to be "should I quit?" instead we got "should I ask her out?"

But this is so much more interesting. I almost wish we had a picture to judge her looks on:wink2:
I take HBP medication, I appreciate the cayenne pepper thing.
I'm going to research it some more.
I know a guy in the airline on LTD because of hypertension. Most people thinks he's scamming the company.

P

pickup

But this is so much more interesting. I almost wish we had a picture to judge her looks on:wink2:
I take HBP medication, I appreciate the cayenne pepper thing.
I'm going to research it some more.
I know a guy in the airline on LTD because of hypertension. Most people thinks he's scamming the company.

I just heated up some hot water and put a pinch of cayenne pepper in it and am now in the process of drinking it. My nostrils just opened up. Feels so good to breathe. Ahh.

I haven't done this in awhile. Got lazy.

D

Dis-organized Labor

P

pickup

Just Googled "Cayenne Pepper & Water" and this came up.
I'm not into hebal remedies, but this may clear up 90% of my issues
:happy-very:
http://www.earthclinic.com/Remedies/cayenne.html

It certainly can't hurt to try and the stuff is relatively cheap esp. when you need to use very little.

Get some and try it and let it speak for itself. I don't necessarily trust all the claims that people make for herbs but the immediate effect of this herb alone is rather remarkable.

pemanager

It certainly can't hurt to try and the stuff is relatively cheap esp. when you need to use very little.

Get some and try it and let it speak for itself. I don't necessarily trust all the claims that people make for herbs but the immediate effect of this herb alone is rather remarkable.

Pickup,

I agree with the health benefits of hot peppers, but why in hot water? I understand the idea in DOL's link that it makes the affect faster in a heart attack scenario but if you do it in a daily, non emergency, routine, does not just adding various peppers to your meals work? As a big fan of habeneros and other hot items I would hope that is sufficient.

D

Dis-organized Labor

Pickup,

I agree with the health benefits of hot peppers, but why in hot water? I understand the idea in DOL's link that it makes the affect faster in a heart attack scenario but if you do it in a daily, non emergency, routine, does not just adding various peppers to your meals work? As a big fan of habeneros and other hot items I would hope that is sufficient.

Good question.

I've been looking for something that tells me how long it lasts for just an average user, not a heart attack patient.

I figure I'll just give it a try and judge from there.