My green checks

Zedoghost

My supvisor is always asking to send people home. So since I was high seniority I went home, then he will ask "do you want to use a sick day" I said yes and I got my check and he never put it in, now this happens often my other co worker had the same thing happen to him that week also so on Friday we wrote him a note saying put in the sick days we'll my co worker got his Monday and I still haven't gotten mine. So I'm assuming he didn't put it in now why not mine but my co workers. It has been a full week now and still no green check and yes I have sick days left now what can I do?

UPS4Life

Ask to get paid for it. At my building we can ask anytime to get paid for our days if we want. If you were you take the free day off and let your sick days build up. But that's just me

Sent using BrownCafe App

Zedoghost

Ask to get paid for it. At my building we can ask anytime to get paid for our days if we want. If you were you take the free day off and let your sick days build up. But that's just me

Sent using BrownCafe App
I did ask all week for my check. I even got my steward in on it cause my manager wasn't putting it in. I asked him again yesterday and he rolled his eyes

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
My supvisor is always asking to send people home. So since I was high seniority I went home, then he will ask "do you want to use a sick day" I said yes and I got my check and he never put it in, now this happens often my other co worker had the same thing happen to him that week also so on Friday we wrote him a note saying put in the sick days we'll my co worker got his Monday and I still haven't gotten mine. So I'm assuming he didn't put it in now why not mine but my co workers. It has been a full week now and still no green check and yes I have sick days left now what can I do?
Honestly I always liked when they didn't use my sick days, that is just more free time I can use if I really want too. I mean instead of only getting 5 or 6 I end up getting 12 days off and if they ask if I have days left I can just say yup and be on my way. That is just me of course, I love days off. Hell I still have one day left and I have used that one day 3 times and they still haven't used it yet, fine by me.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I would get a green check cause this is from 2 weeks ago now
Green checks are taxed at a higher rate, or so ive been told, if anybody can chime in on that go ahead. Just take the day off unpaid and save the days, kinda a no brainer really. Save the sick days for when you really need them.

File a separate grievance for each pay shortage. Management is violating article 17 of the national master. State on each grievance that you were shorted a sick day for the given pay period and the date that you notified management of the issue. For the remedy request a pay adjustment for all lost wages and benefits including any and all occurring and reoccurring penalty pays. This will correct the problem.

oldngray

nowhere special
Green checks are taxed at the normal rate but the amount withheld is based on the last dollar you earned that week. Since the extra money is in a higher tax bracket more is withheld. You should get some of it back on your tax refund.