My son will be my helper this peak. Will be thank me or hate me?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I have my daughters boyfriend he is 19 and by far the best helper I had in 14 peeks. Never complains, very efficient and picked up the diad in like 3 stops, but my daughter says it might be because he's know I mean business with work and her! Good kid though, he's gonna get a 100$ from me when he's over at our place Christmas Eve

That would be a father's dream----having the daughter's boyfriend in that jump seat for 8-10 hours.

Tired Driver

Sisyphus had it easy.
Second day with my son as a helper. Had him for 9 hours today. Found an NDA after the driver that took my air in had left. We ran 30 stops in 30 minutes so I would not have late air. Proud of my boy. I might be bias, but he is as good as half of the drivers in my building.

DSM515

Hope you gave that young man props! and bought him a Coke. I bet it made him feel good also knowing he help the old man out. I bet he will remember that for the rest of his life every time he sees a brown truck:happy-very:

twoweeled

19 year old son wants to help out his old man. He wants to know how hard I work doing my job. I hope he appreciates the years I provided for him and his sister.

Wow,,,,,this could be interesting. Depends on you - and it depends on him. Are you the type who demands the same out of him, as you would any other worker? I know I would not have enjoyed it with my dad, but that's another story. Be sure and let us know how it went, and what type of father you consider yourself. Very interesting, to me! :biggrin:

bl04a

My 22 year old son was my helper for the last three peaks prior to this peak. The only reason that he didn't do it this peak is because he is now a full-time driver. The three years that he worked with me gave him a big advantage when he was out there on his own delivering. Being my helper also taught him what hard work is all about.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

My 22 year old son was my helper for the last three peaks prior to this peak. The only reason that he didn't do it this peak is because he is now a full-time driver. The three years that he worked with me gave him a big advantage when he was out there on his own delivering. Being my helper also taught him what hard work is all about.

The question was whether you would expect more and therefore be harder on your son that you would any other helper.

I coached youth sports when my kids were growing up. I found it was much tougher to coach my own kids as I was trying to make sure that I wasn't giving them special treatment.

9.5er

I have told my 2 kids when they are old enough they will be my helper if possible. I want them to see what a hard days worth of work is really like. Hopefully it will make them pay attention in college.