My year is up...but I am so scared and nervous.

Long story really really short, I got DQ'q a little over a year ago. I was told by the building manager as well as several experienced drivers and supervisors, that all I have to do is wait a year and then I can go back in, reapply and I'll go straight into my 30 days, no Intergrad, no road test, none of that, because I already passed all of that.

I've waited an entire year, like I was supposed to, but now that the time to reapply is here, I find myself a little nervous to reapply. Its definitely weird being as I was literally counting down the time till I was able to, but now that its here, I'm a little hesitant.

Not really asking a question here, just posting I suppose. If anyone has anything, such as tips or tricks to help me get over the nervousness, I would be thoroughly grateful.

And because I've seen how some posters literally come on here to just be trolls and a****les, if you decide to do that here, I'm just going to ignore you.

To anyone who offers solid genuine advice, thank you!

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Long story really really short, I got DQ'q a little over a year ago. I was told by the building manager as well as several experienced drivers and supervisors, that all I have to do is wait a year and then I can go back in, reapply and I'll go straight into my 30 days, no Intergrad, no road test, none of that, because I already passed all of that.

I've waited an entire year, like I was supposed to, but now that the time to reapply is here, I find myself a little nervous to reapply. Its definitely weird being as I was literally counting down the time till I was able to, but now that its here, I'm a little hesitant.

Not really asking a question here, just posting I suppose. If anyone has anything, such as tips or tricks to help me get over the nervousness, I would be thoroughly grateful.

And because I've seen how some posters literally come on here to just be trolls and a****les, if you decide to do that here, I'm just going to ignore you.

Fake it til you make it. They’re not gonna shoot you if you don’t make it. But if you drive nervous, chances are you’re unsafe.
And the job isn’t for everyone.

over9five

Staff member

You know you have to do it. If you don't, you'll always wonder if you would have made it.

UnionStrong

You know you have to do it. If you don't, you'll always wonder if you would have made it.

14AB5316-C260-454B-939C-AA254D095ABC.gif

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

Nobody can tell you what you need to do to get over being nervous. You want the job? Go after it, and you won't get it without confidence. If you don't want the job, stay part time, or move on to something that suits your temperment better.

Last edited by a moderator:

trickpony1

The OP needs to go in there with an attitude of, "what are they gonna do? Fire me?".
It has a very relaxing effect.

Otherwise, your nervousness will consume and ruin you.

Suggestive helping.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

RUN-GUN!

tadpole

You need to believe you can do it. Don't worry about if they will DQ you or not. Think about how you can do the best job possible. Convey professionalism and confidence to your supervisor and customers. Do not let yourself get rattled or stressed out. Your supervisor is going to be judging you - Do you look like the type who is going to be able to handle the job, or will it look like you can't handle the job? When you make mistakes, correct them as best you can, learn from it so you don't do it again, and don't beat yourself up about them.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member

I'm with @tadpole on this one. You freak out, and it'll be a self fulfilling prophecy.

Look. You've made it at UPS for over a year. The crap is the same, inside and out of the building. Stupid supervisors, 10 pounds of crap in a 5 pound sack, people breathing down your neck to make you go faster.

You've already figured out how to survive at UPS.
Now you're just going to survive, and drive a package car.

You got this.

UnionStrong

I'm with @tadpole on this one. You freak out, and it'll be a self fulfilling prophecy.

Look. You've made it at UPS for over a year. The crap is the same, inside and out of the building. Stupid supervisors, 10 pounds of crap in a 5 pound sack, people breathing down your neck to make you go faster.

You've already figured out how to survive at UPS.
Now you're just going to survive, and drive a package car.

You got this.
Perhaps

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.

3rp87m.jpg

Thebrownblob

Not sure why you disqualified the first time but whatever the reason was trying to learn from it, at least you got some experience for this go around I’m sure you’ll be just fine.