My year is up...but I am so scared and nervous.

Steamer

You have nothing to lose. Run and gun for real! Floor the package car at every stop. Be sure to come to a complete stop. They are tracking you on telematics. 10mph in driveways. Push it a tad. But be safe. As you get closer to a tight area or home in a long driveway slow down. There is a time to be fast. And a time to be safer. Safety first. You basically have to have a lucky 30 days. No accidents or injuries. Don't take it for granted this time. Sort the car down tight. Set up 5-10 stops down the middle. Clock out 3 times a day to do this. All pal labels facing out. Peel them and face them out if you have to. Make them visible so that you can grab them instantly. When you can get all packages off of the floor and sorted to the shelf. It makes it faster. If they will fit. If you see the next stop on the board grab it too if it's small and toss it behind the bulk head door. Those saved steps save time. Keep it in your head all day every second to be careful of everything. Especially intersections and other idiots. It's sad that it has to be this way to qualify. But that's basically it. Almost unattainable goals for the average person. Don't dwell on bad addresses and such if you can't find it. Sheet is up at no such number. Let the clerk or route driver figure it out. It takes too much time. As long as it's sheeted you are good to go. Make sure that every package in the car gets sheeted. Even if it's not your package (misload). Or your package not in your EDD on purpose. They will seed your car and test you. You have to be that 1 in a million willing to do it. Good luck.

Last edited:

OutAndAbout

Some preloader got DQ’d after his second attempt at driving lol. He delivered every package at the mailbox and stop completed as front door. Dont be that guy.

john chesney

Long story really really short, I got DQ'q a little over a year ago. I was told by the building manager as well as several experienced drivers and supervisors, that all I have to do is wait a year and then I can go back in, reapply and I'll go straight into my 30 days, no Intergrad, no road test, none of that, because I already passed all of that.

I've waited an entire year, like I was supposed to, but now that the time to reapply is here, I find myself a little nervous to reapply. Its definitely weird being as I was literally counting down the time till I was able to, but now that its here, I'm a little hesitant.

Not really asking a question here, just posting I suppose. If anyone has anything, such as tips or tricks to help me get over the nervousness, I would be thoroughly grateful.

And because I've seen how some posters literally come on here to just be trolls and a****les, if you decide to do that here, I'm just going to ignore you.

To anyone who offers solid genuine advice, thank you!
Relax as soon as you get qualified you’ll have to worry about them firing you for the next 30 years. You’ll end up in the nut house at this rate

OutAndAbout

Relax as soon as you get qualified you’ll have to worry about them firing you for the next 30 years. You’ll end up in the nut house at this rate
Lolllllll managment always tries to put you on your back foot. I was always worried but then realized this is going to be like this all the time. Do the methods, dont do anything sketchy or dumb and you’ll be fine.

I had the DM and Center manager come observe me one time. The union steward called me and said that I “apparently” made a joke and they think I didnt take my job seriously. Sooo also watch what you say lol.