National Security

wkmac

Nice try but Mule won't look. And if he did look he'd know that the term "Cold War" was more propaganda buzzwords embedded in the American psyche by the mental manipulator Walter Lippmann. Upstate posted that sales of Orwell's 1984' have skyrocketed which is good but the people would be greater served IMO if they read Lippmann's 1922' book "Public Opinion" or Edward Bernays 1928' book "Propaganda" to better understand what we are really thinking and the why and how might be better understood for starters in reading John Taylor Gatto's "The Underground History of American Education."

But I just don't see Mule doing that and not that he's by any means alone either.

I also found this little YouTube piece linked below worthy of thought in understanding the false nature of the claims of the cold war. Equally true of the false claims of the War on Terror as Adam Curtis above brings to light. This is just the tip of the ice berg if one is willing to even look.

What also is left out of this film clip I'm linking below in regards to United Fruit Company in Guatemala was that then CIA Director Allen Dulles did legal work for United Fruit and even sat on it's board of directors while John Foster Dulles, Allen's brother as Sec. of State also held an economic interest. Talk about a conflict of interest all the way around.

The whole "Guatemala as communist beachhead" was nothing but pure PR and ironically this line of propaganda was created by the hired PR man for this effort. And who was the PR man? Edward Bernays which I believe he discusses in the documentary film "The Century of the Self". Same is true of the old domino theory used to justify Vietnam which if one would view the film, "The Fog of War", Robert McNamara himself sez was BS while also admitting the events of the Gulf of Tonkin as told to the American public never happened. Yet the false cold war narrative of world domination continued and thus 58k American soldiers in effect died to perpetuate a lie.

And to think the current progeny of this CIA, themselves admitted killers and mental manipulators, are the same now who spy on us at every turn and yet tell us stories and then use appeals to authority to which we vacuum up as assumed truth and never question the underlying storyline using critical thinking. And we think the claim of Osama bin Laden aka Tim Osman being a CIA asset is impossible and the rants of a conspiratorial lunatic? There may be more fiction than truth there but admitted past practice suggests we would be wise to consider the possibilities.

1954, Guatemala - CIA & the United Fruit Company, Jacobo Arbenz - YouTube

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
You got to love the hypocrites in action on right wing radio. AS if these idiots dont realize that what they said during the BUSH administration isnt on tape or video... Let look at Sean Hannity, the king of exaggeration on right wing radio.

They cant stay on one side of the issue or the other. Hannity is the carnival barker that your parents warned you about.

Peace

TOS

moreluck

golden ticket member
Robt. Mueller (FBI head) was being questioned about Benghazi and NSA leak.........he sure is a clueless SOB !! What a dummy !! The NSA leaks have been in the news for 6 weeks now and you would think he would come prepared with some answers.....but he knows nothing !!!

What a bunch of dumb people have been chosen to head important agencies.............I'm amazed at the clueless out there responsible for our safety (?).

moreluck

golden ticket member
132776_600.jpg

wkmac

Hannity is on the radio EVERYDAY with his NON STOP assault on the NSA program under Obamas watch, but what did he say just a few short years ago.....hmmm?
Hannity Then and Now on NSA Surveillance - YouTube

NOW you know.

Hypocrite.

Peace

TOS

Few short years ago TOS, you and your fellow travelers were all over Bush and rightly so that domestic surveillance was wrong and yet now under Obama you guys defend it. You can rightly decry Hannity, Limbaugh and the like for their hypocrisy (they did sound under Bush like democrats sound right now under Obama, imagine that) but do you have the guts to turn you critique on yourself and the political agenda you worship using the old standard you held under Bush?

Yeah, I didn't think so. Imagine That!

Hypocrites make such good bedfellows but the problem is they both friend### our lives up royally anytime they get their hands on gov't. The last century and half at least is a testament to that truism!

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Few short years ago TOS, you and your fellow travelers were all over Bush and rightly so that domestic surveillance was wrong and yet now under Obama you guys defend it. You can rightly decry Hannity, Limbaugh and the like for their hypocrisy (they did sound under Bush like democrats sound right now under Obama, imagine that) but do you have the guts to turn you critique on yourself and the political agenda you worship using the old standard you held under Bush?

Yeah, I didn't think so. Imagine That!

Hypocrites make such good bedfellows but the problem is they both friend### our lives up royally anytime they get their hands on gov't. The last century and half at least is a testament to that truism!

I dont support these intrusions into our privacy anymore today than yesterday. I spoke on this issue during BUSH and went on and on about surrendering our rights to privacy, but when all three branches of goverment signed off on it, then it became "THE AMERICAN WAY".

After that, what is there to complain about?

The C9 gang all supported these intrusions into personal privacy because they were all "scared" and thought it a necessary evil, and yet today, speak as if they are the libertarians of the nation.

"I" on the other hand, accept that despite my opposition in years past, now accept that its the law of the land, thanks to the republicans.

Peace

TOS

wkmac

Agree on Manufactured Consent and with so much more of the story out on Operation Ajax (Iran 1953') it's study is worthwhile as well. Good job posting the video on that.

I always found James Angleton, CIA Counter Intelligence Chief 1954-1975, of interest when he said:

Deception is a state of mind and the mind of the State.

Of equal interest is the quote Allen Dulles had chiseled in the door leading into the CIA at Langley. Being a fairly stanch bible thumper himself, always found that of keen interest, Dulles had John 8:32, "You shall know the truth and the truth shall make you free" used as the quote. Looking deeper in, I find that verse in that place and situation most telling and I'm sure many there had a good laugh too.
:wink2:

You might find Operation Gladio of interest when considering the CIA and the larger Anglo-American empire. If you do find interest after viewing, google "Sibel Edmonds Gladio B" (Sibel is an former FBI employee now whistleblower) and read how cold war operations and tactics compare now to the operating method of the so-called War on Terror.

As to Guatemala and the CIA, I found some of the info in these 2 video clips rather interesting concerning Operation PBSuccess.

Operation PBSUCCESS - The 1954 Guatemalan coup d'État. 1/2 - YouTube

Operation PBSUCCESS - The 1954 Guatemalan coup d'État. 2/2 - YouTube

Funny how in a sense the actions of the United States was what provoked and radicalized Che Guevara and we blow off assertions that the same could happen from our actions in the Middle East.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I saw a Verizon technician working on my area last week and decided to be a smart ass. I asked him if he wanted my cell phone number now or if he would rather wait for the government to get it. He took the joke the right way and laughed.

804brown

As whistleblower Sibel Edmonds wrote this week, the inaction and apathy of people is our greatest enemy: “Apathy is a must ingredient for any police state, authoritarian regime, dictatorship, for abuses of power, for corruption, national atrocities, genocide. . . .”

wkmac

As whistleblower Sibel Edmonds wrote this week, the inaction and apathy of people is our greatest enemy: “Apathy is a must ingredient for any police state, authoritarian regime, dictatorship, for abuses of power, for corruption, national atrocities, genocide. . . .”

Good quote. Sibel has been a real voice out there. I've been a supporter of her and her BoilingFrogsPost website for some time now. Alot of the content is open source but some is to subscriber base only.

On the subject of apathy and inaction, I posted the following about the recent Snowden revelations out on another forum but I felt it had application here too so here goes.

The gov't collecting our phone calls, email, other data is really no big shocking surprise. For me it was almost taken for granted. Snowden only reconfirmed what I already believed anyway.

We think 9/11 changed the world but not really as in the 1990's, the FBI had the Carnivore Software used to monitor email and electronic data. And in the case of the NSA, google the 1990's Project Echelon and follow that trail. Yes folks, all before 9/11. So again, the latest revelations of the State going backdoor into our private lives is not new. What seems new is that before, the info was being harvested by purely Black Op means but today the gov't just walks into the front door of American business and are handed the keys.

It's not so much shocking but rather disappointing in how easily so many US companies just rolled over and gladly gave them the info. I think the companies involved and the private companies whose work it is to collect such data for the gov't are the real story here. Can a private company go to say AT&T under the guise of marketing research, collect said data and then turn around and sell such data to customers, even if the customer is the US Gov't? Is this how the whole thing is legit and everyone has plausible deniability?

Just how far down does that rabbit hole really go? Are we even willing to face the reality of what doing so might undercover? In my own talking and listening to people in general, I've concluded we are not.

texan

Attkisson: 'Outraged' by computer hacking
CBS investigative reporter Sharyl Attkisson on Monday said she is “outraged” her computer was
hacked and called it “a very serious and disturbing matter.”

CBS News on Friday said Attkisson’s computer had been compromised and accessed “by an
unauthorized, external, unknown party on multiple occasions” in late 2012.

Lest we forget, the Benghazi attacks occurred in September 2012. And Sharyl Attkisson and Catherine Herridge
over at Fox News were the only reporters pursuing the story. The rest of the news media didn’t
want to rock the boat before Obama’s re-election. Nah a coincidence. It couldn't be that......

“There were signs of unusual happenings in my home for many months and that included odd behavior
of both my work and my personal computers,” Attkisson said. “ One example was the computers
began turning themselves off and then back on again during the night.
Attkisson: 'Outraged' by computer hacking - POLITICO.com