Need a little guidance

Sharp86

I recently got a job at ups and I like it, I knew that the 4am to 8am schedule would be a challenge to acclimate to and I'm confident I can get used to it but I messed up! I totally slept through my shift this morning on accident. I was supposed to be in at 4 and I just woke up moments ago. What should i do?will they fire me?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I recently got a job at ups and I like it, I knew that the 4am to 8am schedule would be a challenge to acclimate to and I'm confident I can get used to it but I messed up! I totally slept through my shift this morning on accident. I was supposed to be in at 4 and I just woke up moments ago. What should i do?will they fire me?
Call in now. Be honest. Apologize.

Brownwind

Call and let them know. This happens so much locally it won’t even stand out as awkward.
Show up tomorrow ON TIME.

Box Ox

I recently got a job at ups and I like it, I knew that the 4am to 8am schedule would be a challenge to acclimate to and I'm confident I can get used to it

Good idea to set at least 2 alarms on 2 different devices (phone, regular alarm clock etc) 5 minutes apart and have one of the devices across the room so you've gotta get up to turn it off.

VjLFDdU89O3DsWE4Eh.gif

Integrity

Binge Poster
Agreed.

My experience has been that Local UPS management know little about being honest or apologizing.

However, I have had corporate management throw the local management under the bus by apologizing for them. When the crap hits the fan corporate acts like they aren’t responsible for the local managements poor conduct.

Sharp86

Okay so I've been online and calling different numbers dealing with automated answering system and I can't seem to get through to anybody! Does any know a number I can call to get ahold of someone?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Okay so I've been online and calling different numbers dealing with automated answering system and I can't seem to get through to anybody! Does any know a number I can call to get ahold of someone?
Might be your out? Feeling sick and didn't get through? What number do I call if ever again?

Johney

Just show up for work tomorrow morning and don't say a word unless someone says something then if someone does say you tried to call but didn't have the correct number.

cosis

I remember when I did package handling they said the start time was 6am. After my first day they said come in tomorrow at 2am. Was already a 45 minute drive so I didn't go back.

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board
Might be your out? Feeling sick and didn't get through? What number do I call if ever again?
That's it. You tried getting ahold of someone all morning, but it appears you weren't probably trained on center chain of command and emergency contact information.