need advice

Michael Gamache

I need some advice. I've been with the company for four years now, and I was a back up shifter. our building has just merged with a bigger building along with three other buildings. So it wasn't guaranteed I would be shifting after all the other buildings came over. so the issue I'm having is a shifter that worked for day sort is shifting at the current building, but I have two days more seniority over her. They had me inside. they're telling me that other people will be able to take over shifting with higher seniority that had never shifted before but I cant take over her spot? what should I do in this situation. I'm to the point where I feel like working else where.

maxicoze

I need some advice. I've been with the company for four years now, and I was a back up shifter. our building has just merged with a bigger building along with three other buildings. So it wasn't guaranteed I would be shifting after all the other buildings came over. so the issue I'm having is a shifter that worked for day sort is shifting at the current building, but I have two days more seniority over her. They had me inside. they're telling me that other people will be able to take over shifting with higher seniority that had never shifted before but I cant take over her spot? what should I do in this situation. I'm to the point where I feel like working else where.

Is this for package or freight?

sppollock

Considering the fact that I have only heard the term shifter used in small package and I haven't heard of anything about 4 different terminals merging within the last year. So I haven't answered this person since the question seems more small package then freight, but if this was freight and I am the steward, I would be talking to the management about an obvious seniority violation no matter what.