Need Advice

Did 48 hours two weeks ago during driver training...one day being 12 hours straight. I passed to become a driver fortunately! Only thing is I have NOT received a paycheck yet..As a part time employee in the warehouse, unfortunately I live paycheck to paycheck for now..I've went thru the chain of command and I keep getting the same answer that my check is coming the next business day etc. I didn't receive a check last week nor has anything updated on upsets informing me of one this week. I Haven't even heard anything after passing regarding when I should expect to go on the road either, so I've been back in my warehouse position until further notice but I have confirmed I have passed. I Contacted union rep today but he says he doesn't know my h about the payroll process when it's this way...I've been with the company 11+ years . I'm not sure what to do...I don't want to go to hard and ultimately piss someone and don't get to drive. I've been waiting on this forever....smh I need advice guys.

Last edited:

Commercial Inside Release

This time of year, they can easily say you are a seasonal driver, and give you a route whenever they feel like it. Did you sign a bid sheet?

Right now they probably have fresh PVDs signing up daily, and might be giving your work away to them. A lot can change in 1-2 weeks PVD-wise.

charm299

Did 48 hours two weeks ago during driver training...one day being 12 hours straight. I passed to become a driver fortunately! Only thing is I have NOT received a paycheck yet..As a part time employee in the warehouse, unfortunately I live paycheck to paycheck for now..I've went thru the chain of command and I keep getting the same answer that my check is coming the next business day etc. I didn't receive a check last week nor has anything updated on upsets informing me of one this week. I Haven't even heard anything after passing regarding when I should expect to go on the road either, so I've been back in my warehouse position until further notice but I have confirmed I have passed. I Contacted union rep today but he says he doesn't know my h about the payroll process when it's this way...I've been with the company 11+ years . I'm not sure what to do...I don't want to go to hard and ultimately piss someone and don't get to drive. I've been waiting on this forever....smh I need advice guys.
Whenever that happens at my center, we call department of labor, they find your check real quick

This time of year, they can easily say you are a seasonal driver, and give you a route whenever they feel like it. Did you sign a bid sheet?

Right now they probably have fresh PVDs signing up daily, and might be giving your work away to them. A lot can change in 1-2 weeks PVD-wise.
Ok completed everything go but i

Yes. I signed like 3 different sheets lol. I was really trying to get in wherever I would fit in. Thanks for the insight. I wasn't thinking about the season and PVDS. They really don't explain much especially during this time of the year. But yes I completed training with one of those days being 12 hours. Which is not a problem but who wants to work with no pay?