Need advise

over9five

Staff member
When I got my first scanner, I didn't R E A L L Y need one...... but I saw one for like $50. So I got it. Worked great for a while... Anyhow, point I'm trying to make is you get what you pay for. Don't get the cheapest one. I have an HP now.

Printers seem to last me 4 or 5 years. Don't know if this is good. I like the ones with several ink cartridges, so you only replace the color thats out. Mine's a Canon.

OldUPSDriver

I purchased an HP printer at Costco that scans, copys, and prints for less than $100. It has worked fine. The HP website has a Photosmart 3 way printer for about $80.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
We have an Epson ink jet / scanner / fax that's a few years old and still works fine. I like to buy that kind of equipment at Costco because you have 6 months to return computers etc. for any reason, even if you a better model came out and you're trading up.

PC magazine does really good reviews: Printers - Reviews and Price Comparisons � from PC Magazine

I like to check out their recommendations before buying computer equipment.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I got an HP all in one, print, copy scan, no fax, it always works. have never had any conflicts. First one I ever had that works well, but Im only windows xp.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I have a HP Photosmart 2710 all-in-one thats about a year old. Its the first WiFi one I have seen. I bought it at Best Buys, they have replaced a couple of other ones I had problems with with no questions asked.

satellitedriver

Thanks everybody,
I chose a HP PhotoSmart C6180. Bought it thru COSTCO. Maybe, I will scan a photo of what I looked like in 1972 and put it on my profile page. Just think, WOLFMAN.
Thanks again,
SAM