NEED Help ASAP!!! Wrong bid sheet

dsgblyn504

So i signed a bid sheet at my center to do some cover driving the bid sheet requirements stated that i could have no more than 1 citation or accident in the last year and no more than 2 moving violation in the last 36 months ........so i knew i had one moving violation on my mvr in the last year so i thought i was good..... so after i turned in my paper work for driving school to my boss he calls me and tells me that HR said i couldn't go to school because of the ticket i had on my mvr.....so i called our HR guy and was like why cant i go.....he stated that according to the bid sheet i couldn't have any citations within the last year ..... so i was like that's not what the bid sheet i signed stated.....lucky i like to cover my own a** i had taken a picture of the bid sheet i signed with my signature and the center managers signature and date...so he asked to see it i sent it to him...He told me that he talked to his boss and he wouldn't approve my application there was nothing he could do and i would have to take it up with the union.. But even though i have the picture my district union steward told me that i could file a grievance but it would get far and would be turned down. I'm just wondering if there is any thing i can do because i was going off the requirements of the bid sheet i signed no one notified me of any other requirements its like I'm getting screwed for someone else mistake. It took my manager weeks to even disclose to me my eligibility date to retake i after asking several times when they finally told me my eligibility date and came and passed 3 weeks before i feel I'm getting screwed from both ends.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
the bid sheet that was posted and i signed didnt state that

File a grievance.

You have to be accident free with no moving violations for one full year from the date of the bid.

That is company policy.

But, most supplements have language stating that the OP would need to meet

the same requirements as any other "applicant". (off the street hire) :wink2:

U are SOL. You want a full time position. Anyway not that cover driver crap.

Definitely.

Although, filing a grievance.... can sometimes get you an opportunity.

It's been done before.

-Bug-

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
Yeah, whoever typed or put the sheet up made a mistake. That doesn't supersede company policy, which is pretty much the same company wide. Hang in there and do it right. You will feel all warm and fuzzy afterward, and you won't get special privileges that nobody else on here got when they moved up.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Yeah, whoever typed or put the sheet up made a mistake.

Ok.

Do drivers.... get the same "benefit of the doubt" when they make a mistake ??

Hang in there and do it right. You will feel all warm and fuzzy afterward, and you won't get special privileges that nobody else on here got when they moved up.

I understand that sentiment.

But, I have seen drivers that were disqualified on routes that couldn't come close to scratch.

I had them file a grievance. They were given another qualifying period.... on a different route.

And made it.

Don't be so quick, to just give up.

-Bug-

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
Do drivers.... get the same "benefit of the doubt" when they make a mistake ??
People make mistakes. management AND union. Whoever posted this bid sheet probably caught hell from their boss. You seem to think I am a management sympathizer for some reason. I was a member of the union for 38 years before I retired. Been there. Done that. I get it. You're preaching to the choir.

clean hairy

Go ahead, file a gievance!
If they get forced somehow to let you drive, they will most likely find a means to dq you.
Get them mad enough at you, and you could be terminated for taking pictures inside the building, which you gave them the evidence to do.
Best thing to do right now is to drop it, and wait till you are clean for a year then sign another bid sheet

I dont know but i am a full time driver and i was qualified but i had an accident in personal vehicle within 6 months before i was qualified. I got rear ended at stop light and it did quite abit of damage.