Need help from Fellow Orlando hub upsers

Hrysnooki

Hello everyone. I work in the Orlando FL HUB.

My father past away last week and i had to leave the country on short notice. I have a lot of legal things to deal with here and it seems it will take some time.

I broke my phone a week prior to my dads passing and lost the number to call out. Ive been searching everywhere including this forum but cannot find the phone number.
Ive been working really hard in keeping my attendance but ive already had 3 no call no shows bc of this incident. If you have the contact number or an email address to one of the full time supes (prefereably in preload) that would be great. Thank you in advance

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
No pay phones, calling cards, or any way to borrrow a phone, especially in an airport?

J

jibbs

Holy :censored2:, that sucks, hrysnooki.

I don't know any supe's numbers from your hub. I did my damndest searching Google, though, and your hub's official phone number listing is (407) 826-8186 (that's for the Atlantic Avenue address, I have no idea if there's more than one hub in your area)

At my center, it's a pain in the ass trying to get anybody to pick up the "official line," but it does ring and people occasionally get annoyed enough at the ringing throughout the building to pick it up every once in a while. I wouldn't be surprised if management does the same at your building, but I'd like to think using that number'd be worth a shot. At the worst, it just rings forever.

Johney

Call 1-800 # tell them you need to get a message to your center. We had a guy who used that to call in sick all the time. Not sure if it would still work.

Hrysnooki

I really was not expecting all these things to happen in the order that it did.
I understand the condescension. But please understand that sometimes :censored2: just happens.
And my record is pretty clean. Ive missed 4 days (all called out 12 hours before) since my start in febuary.
Would they still clear me out of the system if im union?
Our hub is currently short staffed bc ppl keep quitting. And i see "tourists" and new hires every 2 weeks. Just and fyi on our HUB

Orion inc.

I like turtles
I really was not expecting all these things to happen in the order that it did.
I understand the condescension. But please understand that sometimes :censored2: just happens.
And my record is pretty clean. Ive missed 4 days (all called out 12 hours before) since my start in febuary.
Would they still clear me out of the system if im union?
Our hub is currently short staffed bc ppl keep quitting. And i see "tourists" and new hires every 2 weeks. Just and fyi on our HUB

Give the kid a break. It sounds like he had to deal with an unexpected life change. Call your union hall and talk to your BA. With all the part time turnover, I'm sure he could get you back to where you need to be.

UPSer2014

Sorry for your loss.

Frigid is right----you are most likely already off the books.

Take care of your business then update your resume.
Hello
I am UPS part time employee its a great place to work but I only get 15 hours a week. I am thinking about applying at USPS also. Can I work at both places or is it going to be against the company policy?

UPSer2014

Thank you everyone.

And btw my id only has the address. Not the number
Hello everyone. I work in the Orlando FL HUB.

My father past away last week and i had to leave the country on short notice. I have a lot of legal things to deal with here and it seems it will take some time.

I broke my phone a week prior to my dads passing and lost the number to call out. Ive been searching everywhere including this forum but cannot find the phone number.
Ive been working really hard in keeping my attendance but ive already had 3 no call no shows bc of this incident. If you have the contact number or an email address to one of the full time supes (prefereably in preload) that would be great. Thank you in advance
Sorry for the loss and good luck

upschuck

Hello
I am UPS part time employee its a great place to work but I only get 15 hours a week. I am thinking about applying at USPS also. Can I work at both places or is it going to be against the company policy?
As long as you are not a sup, then I have known people who have worked for both at same time. It has been a few years though, things may have changed.