Need help with Sup going back on word

So at the beginning of January I asked my sup for time off in March. He said I could take the time and was free to go. So I went and bought my airline tickets to visit my family. Last week they pulled me aside and told me it wasn't going to work and that if I didn't show up to work I would probably lose my job. I talked to my Supervisors boss and he basically told me I'm SOL. I genuinely enjoy my job, and would like to keep it. Is there anything I can do besides eating a pricey airline ticket in order to keep my job?

TL;DR Asked for time off, got it. Supervisor tells me a month later I can't take it.
Call your business agent and tell him what happened. Ask him to talk to the labor manager. They should be able to come to some kind of agreement.

HBGPreloader

you should have got a written copy of agreement, signed..
That would be a non-binding agreement outside the union contract which would be ruled null and void.

"ARTICLE 6.
Section 1. Extra Contract Agreements
Except as may be otherwise provided in this Agreement, the Employer agrees not to enter into, or attempt to enter into, any agreement or contract with its employees..."

Cementups

Box Monkey
I've called in sick from all over the country when I couldn't get the time approved off ahead of time.

I called from Detroit once while going to the auto show. We had had bad snow the night before and when I called in they said, "We really need you to come in. We will even come and pick you up. Where are you?" I respond, "Detroit," which was quickly followed by a *click*.......on their end.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I've called in sick from all over the country when I couldn't get the time approved off ahead of time.

I called from Detroit once while going to the auto show. We had had bad snow the night before and when I called in they said, "We really need you to come in. We will even come and pick you up. Where are you?" I respond, "Detroit," which was quickly followed by a *click*.......on their end.

You were not calling in sick----you were calling in unavailable to work----big difference.

PeasAndCarrots

Unfortunately not. Would he be able to help me?

How long would I get suspended for?

You came here before even talking to steward? Always go to your steward first. Coming here is fine and can be very helpful but there are many things that vary from center to center.

I would talk to steward and get him to verify that you were initially granted permission to take your vacation in March. Whether it's the sup telling him or maybe another party that can testify to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk