Need some 401k/tax/payroll help

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I will, just sucks when you try to do everything right and they just move stuff around without any phone call or anything. Imagine if I didn't look and it was past tax day and I owed taxes. The IRS is not someone I want to owe money to.
They wouldn't notice unless you got audited.

Brownslave688

Many returns have small errors the IRS lets slide. It happens too often to audit every one.

Do you feel lucky?
I'm sure they all have some type of error. Or at least a large majority.

It's too :censored2:ing complicated.

Just tax everyone the same and do away with all of the wasted money.

Last edited:

oldngray

nowhere special
I'm sure they all have some type of air. Or at least a large majority.

It's too :censored2:ing complicated.

Just tax everyone the same and do away with all of the wasted money.

I absolutely agree. Simplify the tax code. Do away with all the ways people can get creative about deductions. Flax tax but with several tiers based on income.

Of course that would put a lot of lawyers and tax people out of a job but maybe they could find a more productive occupation.

oldngray

nowhere special
They want to make it an indirect tax. They want to include that on your MAGI so they can make your SS taxable.

Remember how they changed IRA's soon after introduction because people were saving too much money (and paying less in tax)? That was when people had to switch to 401k's which weren't as good.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Was talking to someone on another forum, they suggested it might be a HCE due to the date they took and re categorized the funds. They suggested I hit the company limit due to low 401k participation for the year.
This would explain the March 14th transactions. I know Hoaxster had mentioned he would sometimes receive money back due to the HCE clause, but I recall he was sent a check, not moved into another tax category.
http://www.401khelpcenter.com/mpower/feature_030702.html#.Vu2iXUX3anM

Thoughts?

Brownslave688

Was talking to someone on another forum, they suggested it might be a HCE due to the date they took and re categorized the funds. They suggested I hit the company limit due to low 401k participation for the year.
This would explain the March 14th transactions. I know Hoaxster had mentioned he would sometimes receive money back due to the HCE clause, but I recall he was sent a check, not moved into another tax category.
http://www.401khelpcenter.com/mpower/feature_030702.html#.Vu2iXUX3anM

Thoughts?
STFU so you're punished for saving more than other people?