need some help!

singlnfine

i am coming back from having knee surgery. i have been covering routes but when they dispatch me, i go out with more than the driver i'm covering. i have repeatedly ask them to bring the stop count down. i can't and won't move faster which is their solution to me. that's how i got into the position i'm in. anyway, i worked 51 hours last week. i took friday off to ice my knee from all the hours. what can i do to reduce the hours worked and to give me the same stops as the normal driver?

singlnfine

what are my rights having a work related injury and working excessive hours. our stewards don't do much because they're looking out for themselves and don't want to start trouble.

over9five

Staff member
"...they're looking out for themselves and don't want to start trouble."

OK, if true, this is the bigger problem. Find someone who will do the job, and call for a shop steward election. If what you say is true, most of the drivers will vote to throw the bum out.

dillweed

Ouch on the knee injury! If this is a workman's comp injury your doctor should be able to put some restrictions on your work. He/she might require you to stop and ice that knee several times during the day, which will slow you down but keep the pain at bay. They may also be able to limit your working hours until that knee gets back to par. UPS will just have to accept the doctor's orders and the amount of work you can do.

While the company is not overly sympathetic to injuries they must abide by medical restrictions. You must be strong enough to tell them just how it is and stay within your restrictions because they might try to push you beyond them.

Good luck and take care, dw

loserupser

Two minute Therapist
my stewart told me that i couldn't file over 9.5 because from oct 1 to dec 31 is considered peak time.

Thats bull, peak is the day after thanksgiving and ends dec. 24, beat the crap off that stewart for selling out!!!
get restriction from your doctor, and file!!!

SmithBarney

Nov 1, is the start of our peak "season"

not Oct 1. Your stewart needs a lesson.

Put a note time stamped on your Managers
computer. That you need a reduction in hours.
If they don't comply you can then file a 9.5 grevience.

helenofcalifornia

We are not allowed to come back from an injury until the doctor has signed off that we are "100%" able to do the work. And that means a full truck with a full load. No accomodations made for previous injuries. Good luck in getting reduced hours.

We are not allowed to come back from an injury until the doctor has signed off that we are "100%" able to do the work. And that means a full truck with a full load. No accomodations made for previous injuries. Good luck in getting reduced hours.
How do the rules for a workmans comp injury differ from an out of work injury? Can someone get a light duty job assignment with a doctors note for an off the job injury or is that only for workers comp? Or is short term disability the way to go? What if a doctor isn't able to say for sure if an injury occured on the job even though the only trauma to the affected area was an on the job injury? Yes I'm wondering for myself.

upsset

We have a driver in our center who got a letter from his doctor stating that his phyiscal limitations limit him to a 9hr or less work day