Need some input please

Fewmoretogo

* I have been a FT driver for 20 years.
* I share the same hire date with another driver.
* For 20 years my name has appeared before his on the seniority list. ( he never filed grievance to contest this )
* I have selected vacation time first for 20 years.

A route has come up for bid. A supervisor claims the other driver will win bid based on “Company seniority” not who was hired first on that day.
How can 20 years of precedent be discarded??

542thruNthru

* For 20 years my name has appeared before his on the seniority list. ( he never filed grievance to contest this )

A route has come up for bid. A supervisor claims the other driver will win bid based on “Company seniority” not who was hired first on that day.
Call your local and speak with your BA.

Shorts365

If you both became full time on the same day, the tie breaker goes to whoever started with the company first. Seems like the other guy has been lax for 20 years about vacation bids* so maybe you can chill out about the one thing? I mean with 20 years, how bad can your current route really be?

*you get to select vacation on the same day, you probably just get into the office first.

Cowboy Mac

File a past practice grievance. The past practice has been that you have more seniority, now all of a sudden they want to change it.

Fewmoretogo

File a past practice grievance. The past practice has been that you have more seniority, now all of a sudden they want to change it.
**Update**
You were right on the Money #Cowboy Mac!
I called local and spoke with BA, He said as long as I can provide documentation being on top of list over several years it is definitely “Past practice” and I should win bid.
Luckily I still keep in contact with a few retired drivers who kept better records then I did. Provided 10 years of seniority list!!
** it pays to keep detailed records. Never know when you will need to use them.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge

It is whomever got their application first

Ben84

How can 20 years of

is your full time hire date the same?

GameCockFan

**Update**
You were right on the Money #Cowboy Mac!
I called local and spoke with BA, He said as long as I can provide documentation being on top of list over several years it is definitely “Past practice” and I should win bid.
Luckily I still keep in contact with a few retired drivers who kept better records then I did. Provided 10 years of seniority list!!
** it pays to keep detailed records. Never know when you will need to use them.
Here, If the seniority list is posted, and no one corrects a mistake after (30 days I think) then thats the list. If you've bidded before him for twenty years and/or been listed first on posted seniority list you'll be fine.

RMR46

Hello 20-year driver? And you have to ask questions on this about this subject. I never realized there was a hub or a building with only one package car. I never seen one. 20 years and you're asking I don't know?