Need you to take -- stops off 'so and so' ...

Cementups

Box Monkey
So now I make my cutoff to help at 6, which lets be honest.. When was the last time you were done that early.

Almost every day. Start at 8:30 and done most days between 5:30 and 6:00.
4 days in this week, I may have 3 hours OT in, as well as a 8 hour grievance.

UPSGUY72

In my building the witching hour is usually between 3:15 and 4:15. Around 3:00 they send out what's your ETA to all the people that have called in over 9.5.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
However my main concern is them asking me to help and then disciplining me for not making 9.5..
That would be the very least of my concerns. jeez i wish they would pull that in my center!
I am understanding more and more with your posts WHY you are getting dikked around

averageguy

That would be the very least of my concerns. jeez i wish they would pull that in my center!
I am understanding more and more with your posts WHY you are getting dikked around

They haven't tried that, I was simply asking if that happening was a possibility.

Cementups

Box Monkey
I can't remember exactly. I've got paid on a bunch of them. Can't think of what the penalty pay is off the top of my head at the moment.

boxhandler

If it's the same driver over and over maybe you could try and bring it up to him. Let him know that by him milkin it is affecting you not just management. You have a wife at home he is a nice guy but you'd rather spend time around her. You work hard to get home to her plain and simple we've mostly been there also. We are in a manual labor job pick up the pace or sign the list. Maybe even in front of other drivers (nicely though no reason to be the floater that no one likes). This is UPS not a dairy farm milkers step it up. That's just in my opinion

Marne Vet

2 per month. I always take one on a Tuesday for my monthly chiro appt and then use the other randomly. (usually on days I know they can't give it to me so that I can file the grievance later. yes I know that's wrong. lol)

I took one today because I have a personal tomorrow. I usually take an 8HR every two weeks as long as I get two per month. Most drivers I know hardly exercise this option. Me? I use them as much as possible!

UPSGUY72

I took one today because I have a personal tomorrow. I usually take an 8HR every two weeks as long as I get two per month. Most drivers I know hardly exercise this option. Me? I use them as much as possible!

I don't put in for 8 hrs very often but I always put in for one the Friday before I go on Vacation they usually just end up giving me the day off....

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
True because I've seen guys with 25+ years of seniority get sent back out after they've returned. Only during peak though, I wasn't aware they can still send you back out. What about if you punch out are they still able to?
They can send you back out but only if you failed to take your full break that day. If you've taking all you break you just say nope clock out and leave.

Brownslave688

We get 3. Wish I had a fourth so I could take one a week.

Marne Vet

They can send you back out but only if you failed to take your full break that day. If you've taking all you break you just say nope clock out and leave.

Or do like me and go back out, drive the speed limit, walk and take so much time that the very thought of ever sending me back out again will make them throw-up. Oh yeah, they never send me back out, and it's been almost 9 years since it last happened. Make'em pay if they send you back out.

Brownslave688

2 per month. I always take one on a Tuesday for my monthly chiro appt and then use the other randomly. (usually on days I know they can't give it to me so that I can file the grievance later. yes I know that's wrong. lol)
Ahhh another beautiful thing with my local. If you have the seniority. There is no NOT getting it. At 8 hours you bring back what's left and it's their problem.