Needing some info

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Based that it was his personal f350, I @$$umed that the logos were the removable magnetic kind

I had them on a rental & when off duty, I just remove them & place in the cargo area or behind the seat in the cab

FedGT

GT, wasn't your F350 only used as needed to service your area? Wasn't there a separate insurance rate for shuttling FedEx cargo.

Then, when the vehicle is "off duty" you revert back to your own insurance company for personal use???

or did they mean having unauthorized passenger s while your truck bed is full of FedEx cargo???

It had logos, no magnets in my terminal (was told management won’t allow any magnets) after hearing a lot of others stories I am convinced I had one of the most strict terminals for Ground ran by the largest of :censored2: bags. I could have covered the logos and there would be no issue but for 90% of the time being personal I didn’t care to do it. Didn’t deter me in using it with family or others riding either.

BadMojo

You don’t need to be given anything, you don’t work for FedEx at all not do you have any affiliation with them being a driver. In my terminal I was in you would have been DQ’d in a second for the first offense. I had an friend-350 that was “badged” and they told me if I was caught diving around with my family there would be issues. They knew that truck was just for some write offs but still said I couldn’t do it, and I was the contractor.
This other violation my terminal would say “driver integrity, issue” and virtually instantly terminate you. I never told my drivers not to swap with the UPS guy but I told them all wherever the package says it was delivered in the scanner you better bet your ass that was where it was left. I had 2 driver DQ’d for “integrity issues” one was a client claimed my driver said something and another signed for a package (even though they both were taught better), they tried for a 3rd one but I got him out of that one because he was worth something to me and it was complete bs.

On having a rider, I asked the terminal manager as well as my contractor and both said not a problem. Wife rode with me for over a year and a half no issues. Never asked for a background check for her. My contractor was bought out by my current boss and same deal until one guy who knew all along suddenly had an issue with me over something else. I went thru corporate and their answer was it was the terminal manager that failed to follow procedure and he was let go.

This current situation, a stern warning to not do it again but I am safe. Lesson learned, don't do stupid stuff...

FedGT

Wow.
If I would have been in a terminal like that I would probably still be a contractor. Instead all the guys at mine were people who never amounted to :censored2: and thought they had power to abuse in their position. Everything from taking trucks out of service for a penny sized drop of oil to permanent DQ for hearsay from a client for what they claimed a driver said. Many contractor DQs for front tires 2-3/32nds or “integrity issues” even though FedEx have none themselves. Complete ass rippings for any “accident” with required safety plan modifications.
You guys in halfway decent structured hubs should feel quite fortunate. That being said I would probably do it again if I did it over again just a little butt hurt that it could have been a lot more relaxed like it should have been compared to who I had to deal with.