Needing some info

barnyard

KTM rider
bad move! Bet the UPS guy is friend'ed too.
This is one rule that really is just common sense
More than likely. That was a scenario described by UPS security when I went to driver's school. Automatic termination. That driver provided a service for which UPS was not compensated. He effectively stole from the company.

BadMojo

You falsified by entering it as driver release to front door. You should have indirected it to the UPS driver and had him sign for it. That would’ve at least given you an out. You probably would have just been told not to do it again. The contract also states that you cannot provide service to anyone else while operating for FedEx. Hauling UPS packages is a breach of contract. Again, probably just told not to do it anymore. The falsification is where they have you.

Does management have problems with your contractor? I know I wouldn’t have a driver DQ’d over something this minor.

“Pressure to fire you”? That usually means the contractor is having problems and is trying to get FedEx off his back. If you weren’t DQ’d he had no reason to lay you off.

Having a passenger in the van is terms for disqualification. Feel lucky you weren’t DQ’d over that in the first place. You should’ve been. Having a van under 10k doesn’t matter. Every vehicle is treated as a commercial vehicle for everything other than DOT hours in the contract.

I have never been given any such contract or agreement.
As for the rider policy, The weight class does make a difference. The terminal should have had a background check done but the CFR and from what Fedex corporate said, no violation occurred. It was the contract negotiator that had a personal problem with me and threatened my contractor. That's all in the past and now with a background check my wife can ride with me anytime she wants. CFR's cannot be manipulated to fit someones agenda simply because they do not like someone and this dillwad found that out. I was rehired with a pretty large bonus and a huge pay increase and a smaller route so it was well worth the hassle.

STFXG

Like said before, you can’t plead ignorance. You falsified a delivery to save time and get home earlier. You were in the wrong. You shouldn’t need a policy stating you can’t deliver UPS packages or transfer your volume to another company. I know a contractor who got terminated for doing the same thing with the post office. Only he paid the postage to forward them on.

The weight class does not make a difference. At least not anymore. I’d have to go back and read the contract from when that happened. You were probably in the gray area before they defined a CMV as any vehicle, not just over 10k gvw. It’s a 36 month suspension for carrying unauthorized passengers in a CMV. Another instance of doing something wrong and pleading ignorance.

Use your head.

Oldfart

We had a driver that used to get the UPS or USPS person to sign for resi deliveries before we had resi release. They were terminated for that.

floridays

Had to read all the other posts also. Unlike you I read everything ,and not just what conforms to my narrow world view .You should try it sometime
Lighten up was joking with you. As for narrow world view, I haven't been comatose for fifty plus years. As a rational thinking human, I figured out :censored2: from not :censored2: long ago. I only say fifty plus years because in my day kids were allowed to be kids, world views, political leanings and indoctrination were not a part of our lives.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Waitaminute, so your contractor & local management allowed your wife to ride shotgun to help u out? I know that they need a background check to do so, but there's also an allowance period while the background process goes through... why did that contractor not know that??? I had a relative signed up to be my helper with no problems.

A as far as trading freight like that, no way.

The odd thing last Saturday, I was delivering to a resis & on the porch I saw a return to sender box with a UPS 1Z....... barcode.

I finished closing my stop & just curious if I can scan the UPS barcodes... it went into my powerpad! I backed out of it though as it said UPS not FedEx, but I was floored by it.

BadMojo

Gr
Waitaminute, so your contractor & local management allowed your wife to ride shotgun to help u out? I know that they need a background check to do so, but there's also an allowance period while the background process goes through... why did that contractor not know that??? I had a relative signed up to be my helper with no problems.

A as far as trading freight like that, no way.

The odd thing last Saturday, I was delivering to a resis & on the porch I saw a return to sender box with a UPS 1Z....... barcode.

I finished closing my stop & just curious if I can scan the UPS barcodes... it went into my powerpad! I backed out of it though as it said UPS not FedEx, but I was floored by it.

Ground/HD scanners will scan UPS and USPS barcodes but will not work on Express. Express scanners will scan Ground/HD np

OrioN

Ground/HD scanners will scan UPS and USPS barcodes but will not work on Express. Express scanners will scan Ground/HD np

Yeah, I knew about USPS barcodes, since I get up to 20% of my cargo as those "proximity stops"

Didn't know about UPS barcodes though. Dunno why that's allowed. So we're really merging together to become FedUps???

SmithBarney

This really is a no-brainer, take your licks don't try to fight it, at this point best you can do is say "I made a major mistake, and I'm really sorry" and hope they keep you.
This really is something that doesn't need to be a written rule because just like:
Selling drugs(or anything else) out of your truck
Paint a swastika on your face <-there is no rule about this, but you wouldn't do it right?!
etc etc

As an aside I was a helper many moons ago at UPS, and my driver would switch with the local FX driver on occasion... unfortunately times have changed, and nearly real-time tracking cannot be avoided he retired a happy rich man

!Retired!

Technically, it may have been wrong
You said it yourself. Just because you can't find a rule prohibiting it, doesn't make it right.
You scanned a package as released at the door. Customer going nuts looking for the package, wasted FedEx time researching the package, calling customer back, etc.....sorry. I know I'd be gone in a nano-second.

OrioN

We knew it was a fishy thing to do "" conflicts of interest" & what-not

OP situation is he has a target on his back from the terminal management & will pressure the subcontractor to show him the door.

It's also kinda that subcontractor fault for not covering the base s... to protect his company from that type of shenanigans.

Still... odd to me about our powerpad functions scanning UPS barcodes. Was there a backroom deal to take their freight if the brownies strike on the next contract????

tenor.gif

FedGT

I have never been given any such contract or agreement.
As for the rider policy, The weight class does make a difference. The terminal should have had a background check done but the CFR and from what Fedex corporate said, no violation occurred. It was the contract negotiator that had a personal problem with me and threatened my contractor. That's all in the past and now with a background check my wife can ride with me anytime she wants. CFR's cannot be manipulated to fit someones agenda simply because they do not like someone and this dillwad found that out. I was rehired with a pretty large bonus and a huge pay increase and a smaller route so it was well worth the hassle.
You don’t need to be given anything, you don’t work for FedEx at all not do you have any affiliation with them being a driver. In my terminal I was in you would have been DQ’d in a second for the first offense. I had an friend-350 that was “badged” and they told me if I was caught diving around with my family there would be issues. They knew that truck was just for some write offs but still said I couldn’t do it, and I was the contractor.
This other violation my terminal would say “driver integrity, issue” and virtually instantly terminate you. I never told my drivers not to swap with the UPS guy but I told them all wherever the package says it was delivered in the scanner you better bet your ass that was where it was left. I had 2 driver DQ’d for “integrity issues” one was a client claimed my driver said something and another signed for a package (even though they both were taught better), they tried for a 3rd one but I got him out of that one because he was worth something to me and it was complete bs.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Any suggestions or can anyone direct me to contract driver rules? It's sad drivers have to guess what the rules are other than the basic common sense ones or safety issues.

If you need a printed set of rules telling you not to do what you did, and you keep defending yourself by saying it wasn't really a big deal, then you're too dumb for the job.

OrioN

GT, wasn't your F350 only used as needed to service your area? Wasn't there a separate insurance rate for shuttling FedEx cargo.

Then, when the vehicle is "off duty" you revert back to your own insurance company for personal use???

or did they mean having unauthorized passenger s while your truck bed is full of FedEx cargo???

It will be fine

GT, wasn't your F350 only used as needed to service your area? Wasn't there a separate insurance rate for shuttling FedEx cargo.

Then, when the vehicle is "off duty" you revert back to your own insurance company for personal use???

or did they mean having unauthorized passenger s while your truck bed is full of FedEx cargo???
If it had logos you're supposed to cover them when the truck is not in service, beyond that you can use it however you want.