Nepotism?

moreluck

golden ticket member
nep·o·tism
thinsp.png

–noun patronage bestowed or favoritism shown on the basis of family relationship, as in business and politics: She was accused of nepotism when she made her nephew an officer of the firm.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
nep·o·tism
thinsp.png

–noun patronage bestowed or favoritism shown on the basis of family relationship, as in business and politics: She was accused of nepotism when she made her nephew an officer of the firm.
Only after a she conducted a nationwide search.

UPS Lifer

UPS policy in the district I retired from was that a relative could work in the same building as long as neither of these folks had any direct or indirect management authority over the other relative. So in a large hub it is possible for a relatives to work in close proximity to each other. If you have a position with district responsibility it is unlikely you could have a relative working in that district.

I had two situations where other managers had their sons working for me. There was no influence on me to treat them any different. Actually, it was a benefit because if they screwed up (and one did) his father kicked hist butt back in line.

Nepotism in reverse!

The biggest concern I would have is a management person who might be to "anxious" or worried to treat the relative of a higher up the same as any other employee.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
what does facestious mean?

Definitions of 'facetious'
(fə-sḗshəs)

The American Heritage® Dictionary - (1 definitions)

[French facétieux, from facétie, jest, from Latin facētia, from facētus, witty.]
(adjective)

Playfully jocular; humorous: facetious remarks.

Did that answer your question?