Net profit tripled

AB831

This qtr compared to same qtr last yr, revenue for qtr 21 billion, net,over 800 million.
When’s the next bonus,lol
For Fat Freddy and his cronies? As soon as possible. For the people actually working? Probably when hell freezes over.

bacha29

Economy opening back up under Joe. FedEx better pony up or there will be massive turnover.
Express gets more like Ground everyday with 3 guys on every truck.... 1 coming , 1 driving and 1 leaving with too many days were 5 guys end up having to do the work of 8 because the other 3 abruptly quit overnight without notice.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Express gets more like Ground everyday with 3 guys on every truck.... 1 coming , 1 driving and 1 leaving with too many days were 5 guys end up having to do the work of 8 because the other 3 abruptly quit overnight without notice.
What would YOU know about Express? Apparently even your knowledge of Ground is obsolete.

bacha29

What would YOU know about Express? Apparently even your knowledge of Ground is obsolete.
You'll continue to defend that hallowed institution called Express despite it's ongoing trek toward becoming a company completely unlike the one you once knew including it's growing dependency on cheap throwaway labor to which it holds little to none of the legal or moral obligations that you believe it once held.... What it once was is no longer.

As for Ground, one thing has not changed.... page after page of job board ads posted by desperate contractors who demand too much pay too little. If their respective labor markets are sufficiently loaded with supplies of the kind of labor contractors have to depend on ... that's fine. But, judging by the ads not every local labor market is fulfilling those needs.

Yes, at one time flipping letters for Fat Freddy was an honorable and of a sufficient degree of security and longevity to warrant making it your life's work .

Today however, you're flipping letters for flipping burgers pay and it's only going to get worse especially if more competitors enter the space. And as we've discussed before.... Ground is not the friend of Express. It's the enemy of Express. Fat Freddy made it abundantly clear that cost reduction will come first and if applying the Ground model to Express to the fullest extent possible aids in that effort it will be used.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
You'll continue to defend that hallowed institution called Express despite it's ongoing trek toward becoming a company completely unlike the one you once knew including it's growing dependency on cheap throwaway labor to which it holds little to none of the legal or moral obligations that you believe it once held.... What it once was is no longer.

As for Ground, one thing has not changed.... page after page of job board ads posted by desperate contractors who demand too much pay too little. If their respective labor markets are sufficiently loaded with supplies of the kind of labor contractors have to depend on ... that's fine. But, judging by the ads not every local labor market is fulfilling those needs.

Yes, at one time flipping letters for Fat Freddy was an honorable and of a sufficient degree of security and longevity to warrant making it your life's work .

Today however, you're flipping letters for flipping burgers pay and it's only going to get worse especially if more competitors enter the space. And as we've discussed before.... Ground is not the friend of Express. It's the enemy of Express. Fat Freddy made it abundantly clear that cost reduction will come first and if applying the Ground model to Express to the fullest extent possible aids in that effort it will be used.
You're as bizarre as rickyb. Evade the question and expound on your broken-record thesis.

Were you once a street corner preacher?

bacha29

You're as bizarre as rickyb. Evade the question and expound on your broken-record thesis.

Were you once a street corner preacher?
Won't happen today and it won't happen tomorrow but eventually you'll come to accept your company for what it is today . A different company, in a different market, in a different economy and in a different world completely removed from the one you once knew.

NC man

T shirt, “I’m giving 2% effort to match my raise”

Be retired by this time next yr so no big deal for me,how about affordable health care for retirees

zeev

Expect no raises Freddy is determined to move employees closer to fast food workers and away from the UPS teamster wages. Ground and express will be closer to the same compensation.

NC man

Should the company you used to work for pay for your health care?
Some companies help out but don’t pay the full load. They do give us an account to help pay premiums until Medicare kicks in. If I retire next yr it will cover about 500 month, 400 out of my pocket for policy that is 900 month.
Good ole Obama “affordable” health care.

MassWineGuy

You would either have no health care options or severely more costly ones without the ACA. Just let the kind insurance industry folks see to your needs. One big union. Single payer health care for all.

bacha29

Some companies help out but don’t pay the full load. They do give us an account to help pay premiums until Medicare kicks in. If I retire next yr it will cover about 500 month, 400 out of my pocket for policy that is 900 month.
Good ole Obama “affordable” health care.
Imagine how great it would be for you without Medicare which the GOP fought tooth and nail right from the time of it's introduction in Congress to this very day. Yes, I'm on Medicare and I have a Medicare Advantage plan. One that is in line with most other MA plans . $750 annual deductible, $7500 maximum annual out of pocket plus most prescriptions have zero copay. My premium is $23 a month. Then again, states regulate their own insurers operating in their respective states. What is offered in one state isn't always available in another.

NC man

My point is ACA is not affordable for all. If you make decent income but far from rich the premiums are ridiculous,key word affordable. The assumption was you should spend 10% of income on healthcare but that was based on gross income which none of get to keep of course. It ends up being about 25% of what you bring home.
Without the account Fed provides then I would be on hook for 900 month so the Dems ACA would be no help. Too expensive to retire until 65 and Medicare.

It will be fine

My point is ACA is not affordable for all. If you make decent income but far from rich the premiums are ridiculous,key word affordable. The assumption was you should spend 10% of income on healthcare but that was based on gross income which none of get to keep of course. It ends up being about 25% of what you bring home.
Without the account Fed provides then I would be on hook for 900 month so the Dems ACA would be no help. Too expensive to retire until 65 and Medicare.
How do you think the open market pre-ACA was for individuals?

MAKAVELI

The ACA doesn't set the premium prices. That's all on the insurance companies. What the ACA does is make healthcare affordable for the ones that can afford it the least. If you want to get rid of high insurance premiums got to get rid of the health insurance companies.