Never underestimate the stupidity of the general public...

BigBrownSanta

Almost every week I get a message in my diad during the the first hour of the day that ask if I have an ETA on a certain residential package. I have about 100 residentials that are all stuffed together onto one shelf and I have no idea what is there until I sort it all, which I can't do until I'm done with all my businesses. I always just ignore the message, and the center ends up giving me a call asking if I will look for it when I get the chance. I always just say "Oh yeah, no problem" I never do look for it though, but I'm not lying because I never do get the chance.

What you should do is stop for about 15 minutes and actually search for the package then send a message that you looked for it but couldn't find it, then send another message that you aren't sure you checked well enough and that you'll check again just to be sure. After another 15 minutes, let them know you found it. :wink:

SmithBarney

Had a good one, yesterday...
I have two stops on a street, I park between the houses(they are across
the street from each other)
I start going to one, while I hear a lady in the distance yell
"I'm over here"
so I yelled back
"I'm over here!"

While it seems unfathomable there is a slight chance that
I have more than just your package today... LOL

browndude

i had a call tag from dish network so i knocked on the door and when the guy came to the door i asked him if he had a pkg for me to pickup going back to dish network. he stood there with a puzzled look on his face and then said yes i do but how did you know that? i told him i have miss cleo's # on speed dial on my phone! lol

The Brown Santa

Ping Pong Ball
This is a true story...

A few weeks ago, I had pulled up to a house to do a resi DR stop. The neighbor comes out with a Fed Ex door tag and asks me " Are you Fed Ex?" I stopped, looked back at my package car that was parked in front of his house. Made sure I was driving the correct vehicle, then looked at my uniform...looked back at him and replied" Um, no sir...UPS, I have a package for your neighbor." He then asks me " So, you don't have my package?" ....... I just had to stand there for a minute and mull this one over....

jds4lunch

What the hell is YOUPS??
This one is half UPS' fault and half the customers stupidity, but we had all the old dropboxes replaced with new ones in my city about 2 months ago, the only thing is that all the P/U times on ALL of them are wrong. They should all read 2PM but 2 of them read 3PM and I believe one says 4PM, but they are the new ones that have that tag that says if the dropbox has been picked up or not. Anyway, the dropbox right outside our centre gets picked up at 2PM daily, dispite the label saying 3PM. Last friday a lady put a NDA envelope in the dropbox around 2:30, when the tag on the box clearly ready already picked up. Long story short, she called in a complaint and wondered why her package sat in the dropbox all weekend.

terrymac

third attempt on call tag, Mam do you have a pkg going back to dish network? What? she turns back into house, asks someone inside, then she says its around back in the garage , she steps out and starts walking around the house toward the garage, Im following, then we round the corner, and she points up to the roof, and tells me she doesnt have a ladder, and did I bring one with me.......... I tell her to go ahead and call the dish net people.

terrymac

not quite related, but funny. At the local grocery check out Isle the cute young girl asked to see ID for the check I had just written. Pulled out the CDL, that said commercial, she asked if I flew airplaines, bless her heart

over9five

Staff member
"And that's where I leave it."

Whenever I find a Fedex in my drop box, I keep it for a week and then stick it in the Fedex box...

Fishbulb

"I'm over here"
so I yelled back
"I'm over here!"

Hilarious! like a game of marco polo for the mentally challenged

Ms Spoken

Had a customer the other day ask if I would co-sign a loan for her. At first I was lost for words when she said it was for $10,000 and she was serious. She was needing a loan to help her son go to some trade school. All I said was ____ please don't put me in that position my hubby would divorce me.

Dirty Savage

Paranoid Android
"I'm over here"
so I yelled back
"I'm over here!"

This exact same thing happened to me the other day and I immediately thought of this post and laughed.

under the radar

A Trained Professional
"What's in it?"

"I don't know. I left the house in such a hurry this morning, I forgot my psychic powers."

"I don't know. When I was putting these boxes together this morning, I forgot what I put in this one."

"You're late!"

"If I was late, you'd be closed. Whenever I get here is on time."

Just Lurking

Customer -"Some is sending me a package. Can you tell me when they are going to send it."

Me - "When I have it. They have sent it."

or my favorite logic

Customer - "You can just leave my packages at the door."

Me - "I need a signature in person or you can sign the delivery notice."

Customer - "Just leave my package."

Me - "I cannot unless you sign the notice."

Customer - "Really. Just leave my package. Its a safe neighborhood."

Me - "If its safe just sign the delivery notice."

Customer - "Well its not that safe of a neighborhood but you can just leave it."

flitzer

Working the customer counter I get a lot of people that bring in USPS or FedEx delivery notices and expect me to get their package... Or they give me a box with a FedEx label and expect me to ship it...

Also get a lot of people who bring their Dish Network boxes to the counter for drop off. Most of them feel the need to explain that there is a ARS label on the package and it is all paid for and is all set. Boy am I glad they are able to point this stuff out to me, I really have no idea about how to do this job (please note the sarcasm).

I could go on and on...