New and Returned Business

K

kidlogic

Danny your right on with the avon. We get the hard to deliver stuff and they keep the gravy stuff. Keep the FACTS comming.
Any opposing view of TIe is either a racial slur or slander....so dont take offense.....he is a joke..

D

dannyboy

Tie guy, you can only slander someone that tells the truth. Therefore I can NOT slander you, cuz yo a liar
biggrin.gif

When you figure out what you are at big brown, leme know will ya. First you come off as management, then hourly. I think da kid hit you on the nose when he called you just BS.

d

T

tieguy

Danny not sure whos posts your reading or where your coming up with this line of misinformation or why your participating in this coordinated attack? You guys don't understand do you. I like to discuss the issues I do not want to engage in the personal attacks no matter how hard you two try to draw me into it.

D

dannyboy

Tie guy, Like I said, you made it personal when you played the race card, when you claimed You were being slandered. Now I have caught you in two distinct lies on the same post, and you feel I am picking on you? Now that is funny. Post truthfully and contructively and I will never have a problem with you. Lie like you have, and demean others at you leisure, and I will expose you for the fraud that you seem to be.

d

P

peacock71

You guys need to take your discussion tothe WPC thread...here's some UPS News from the UPSERS portal:

UPSers working together earn awards from six of the world's most respected manufacturers and retailers.

They include Best Buy, Chrysler Group, General Binding Corporation, Jostens, Toyota Motor Sales, USA, and Wal-Mart.

The awards were each based on stringent criteria, and highlight UPSs outstanding leadership in logistics management, customer satisfaction, problem-solving initiatives, reporting accuracy, and on-time reliability.

UPS was one of only 22 award winners selected from Best Buys vendor base of more than 2,200 companies. The Best Buy Co., Inc. Bravo Award recognizes UPS for passion and dedication to speed and innovation, honesty and respect, and business excellence. Best Buy was one of the first companies to integrate UPS CampusShip, a Web-based, desktop technology that provides shipping functionality to users on corporate campuses or at remote locations. Additionally, UPS Supply Chain Solutions provides Best Buy ocean freight and air services.
For the eighth straight year, UPS received the 2001 Chrysler Group Gold Award for its innovative technology such as UPS CampusShip which was deployed across the companys retail dealer network. Due to these technology and e-commerce solutions, the UPS program has provided immediate savings to many dealerships, says senior vice-president of Chrysler Group E-Commerce, Gary Dilts.
General Binding Corporation (GBC), the worlds leading manufacturer of binding and laminating office equipment, recognized UPS for outstanding service for the third year in a row with its Continuous Improvement in Service award. In addition to delivery of GBCs products to businesses around the United States, UPS provides the company with Web-based tracking and rate and service selection.
Jostens, whose products include yearbooks, class rings, graduation products, school photography, and products for athletic departments and their fans, named UPS its Small Package Quality Carrier of the Year for the third year in a row. The recognition is the result of Jostens Quality Carrier Program, which includes an in-depth biannual evaluation focusing on key quality measurements.
For the fourth year in a row, Toyota Motor Sales, USA named UPS its Air Carrier of the Year at the auto makers annual Logistics Partners Meeting. Selection criteria included monthly on-time performance, logistics operations evaluations, cost control, carrier relationship, professionalism and safety, among many other attributes.
Of the more than 400 full-truckload, less-than-truckload, and small package carriers serving Wal-Mart, UPS was among the select few recognized at the retailers Core Carrier Conference, winning the honor as Wal-Marts Small Package Carrier of the Year. Over the 20-year relationship with Wal-Mart, UPS has built a dedicated account team that includes both on-site accounting, project management, and technology support managers. Among their successes, the team implemented an automated manifest system that minimizes manual key entry and set the standard for Wal-Marts carrier manifest requirements.
The loyalty of our 1.8 million daily customers, and their success, is reward enough for UPS, but awards such as these make our work even more gratifying as we look back on another outstanding year, said John Beystehner, UPS Corporate Sales and Marketing Group Manager.

Go UPS!
P71
happy.gif

T

tieguy

Dannyboy what a shame to see the extent for which you continue to attack me and the dishonesty with which you do so. Notice how I again continue to walk the high road while you again attack me personally.

W

wkmac

Thanks P71 for the article from UPSers.com. I need to do a better job of checking this site more often to see things like this. I know UPS is proud when we rank at the top of a Fortune mag. list or a Morgan Stanley list but to have these companies who are our customers bestow this honor on us is really special indeed. IMO these customer awards are more important than all the Fortune mag. lists put together.

Well there is one exception to this. I'd love to one day see my name listed with Warren Buffet and Bill Gates on the most wealthy list!
wink2.gif

P

peacock71

After about a year of receiving Drugstore.com stuff via the USPS, today's package arrived UPS.

Hopefully, a permanent change.

Go UPS!
P71
icon45.gif

C

cheryl

Cafe Press has switched from FedEx to UPS. I contacted them last year to see if they would ship my merchandise by UPS, even though their shipping info listed FedEx. They were very resistant and wouldn't even consider it so I didn't use their service. Now I hear that they have diverted most of their business to UPS. Guess I'll have to give them another chance...

I also heard that Bank of America is now using UPS.

P

proups

We are getting it back slowly but surely. I think the key is every driver has to notify their BD person with a Sales Lead when they see volume that we can get. Take the time to fill them out and keep bugging that BD person until you get an answer!

Most drivers have a great relationship with our shippers. We need to utilize that to its fullest potential to get "our" packages back. That makes things easier on everybody. More packages equals more routes and more jobs.

W

wkmac

Just heard that a major National account who left us before Christmas to go FedEx has contacted our BD people requesting a meeting. I understand they only signed a 6 month contract with FedEx Ground so this might be a good sign. This company was giving us 2 and 3 trailers a day at our site so this would be good if this volume came back.

T

tieguy

I can't point to any specific examples here but there has definitely been a surge of volume so far this year. I wonder if Fedex dropped the ball during peak.

D

dannyboy

Over the years I have noticed that when the economy is not too good, we do well. Of course there was never all the competition that we have now. It seems that with the logistics and just in time deliveries we should be in a prime position to get volume. I just hope it holds out!

d

55_and_out

I recently received a air package from outpost.com last week. They are located in Ohio I believe.I live in upstate New York. An Airborne truck pulls into my driveway. The driver walks to the back of his truck. He pulls open the door and there is one package in his vehicle. I asked him how far he had to drive to get here and he said 50 miles. Somebody tell me how this company is making money.

L

lr1937

Somebody tell me how this company is making money.>>> When I started with UPS I can recall driving that far for a stop. I can remember driving 2 to 300 miles and delivering 20 or 30 stops. We have been making money.
I know, your probably like my kids. They don't want to hear about how it was in the old days.

U

upsdude

"I can't point to any specific examples here but there has definitely been a surge of volume so far this year. I wonder if Fedex dropped the ball during peak."

Ill second that tieguy. Today is the first day Ive had a normal amount of stops. Could have been in by 530 but one of my stops ordered 40 cases of paper for an upstairs office! Arrgggg!

D

dannyboy

But for every one you see driving that distance for one package, you have others delivering truckloads. And the wage cost for airborne is not as large a consideration as it is for UPS.

Example, I normaly deliver 400-550 packages in a day, today I had 998, and gave away an additional 60 packages and 47 stops at lunch to other drivers. Now a run like that makes up for those routes that are not money makers.

d