New Building

exemery

Can anyone tell me how the new building for heavyweight freight is going in Louisville? When it will be up and running? Thank you

B

Bill

Louisville Opening

Please check with your Dayton supervisor for this information.

U

Unregistered

They have the enitre steel skeleton done with exterior concrete walls about 60% complete. There is some lighting on inside as well that you can see from outside through the numerous truck door openings. They are currently connecting the new structure to the existing Air Cargo building having just moved the supervisor offices to trailers on the opposite end of the Air Cargo warehouse. I believe begin Monday on that, the connecting part. Word is that the new building will be partially up and running by April on days and awhile later for nights.

exemery

Thank you for your reply. Wondering if you (or anyone) could give an update every now and again? There are many people up in here in Dayton who are curious how the building is going, as all of us will be losing our jobs.

exemery

No, they have not offered anyone except management jobs. We do however get a seperation allowance. They are supposed to give us a 90 day notice before we close.

A

anyone

Before I give an update why are the workers in Dayton concerned with the new building if they're aren't coming to Louisville? There are rumors down here that some of you guys are coming down and keeping your seniority, basically being dovetailed into our local. Any truth to this?

As far as the new building goes, they have a temporary wall up in the existing building while they connect to the new one. I have seen belts in the new building, starting look more like Worldport. I don't know how they are going to use belts like the hub, I thought we'd be moving mostly heavy freight and use forklifts more than anything.

exemery

There is no truth to that rumor. UPS is not offerring the Dayton cargo handlers jobs in Louisville. We seem to think it has to do with tax breaks that the city/state has offered if they hire Kentuckians. We make over $16.00 an hour and surely UPS won't pay that. We are just trying to find out how much longer we will have a job here. I do know that supervisors are having meetings with employee relations people from Atlanta, we think to see how many will be willing to relocate (not all to Louisville). Thank You for the update, exemery