New Career @ UPS

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Greetings,

I’m looking for a career change and looking at possibly starting a career at UPS after 7 years in law enforcement. Recently, I came across this website and was looking for some suggestions and recommendations for this new career opportunity. From what I’ve seen so far I’m somewhat disappointed I didn’t join UPS years ago because the pension and insurance I had from law enforcement (which was decent) is nothing like what is offered at UPS. I’m currently in my early 30’s. I hope that isn’t too late to start this opportunity. I’m okay starting part time and working my way through the ranks in order to become a full time package driver. It looks like there is a lot of change upcoming for UPS is this a good time to join? I look forward to hearing your thoughts and suggestions.
proxy-6.gif

no_map_needed

Knowledge is key, Experience is power.
You just have to get used to the pace of UPS and once that's done just tune out all the bullcrap that comes with it. If you can handle that you'll be fine. But know you might have to wait a while before you can go driving depending on where you are.

rickyb

Greetings,

I’m looking for a career change and looking at possibly starting a career at UPS after 7 years in law enforcement. Recently, I came across this website and was looking for some suggestions and recommendations for this new career opportunity. From what I’ve seen so far I’m somewhat disappointed I didn’t join UPS years ago because the pension and insurance I had from law enforcement (which was decent) is nothing like what is offered at UPS. I’m currently in my early 30’s. I hope that isn’t too late to start this opportunity. I’m okay starting part time and working my way through the ranks in order to become a full time package driver. It looks like there is a lot of change upcoming for UPS is this a good time to join? I look forward to hearing your thoughts and suggestions.
UPS could be worse. ive done 3 better jobs than UPS and know of more. i wouldnt bother. go to school for something better.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
its 2018 and workers are still renting themselves instead of all owning and directing their own labour because people like you dont believe. and that is why you fail.
I'm doing :censored2:ing great, bruh. Got things under full control, no thanks to communism.

Heavy Package

I’m okay starting part time and working my way through the ranks in order to become a full time package driver. It looks like there is a lot of change upcoming for UPS is this a good time to join? I look forward to hearing your thoughts and suggestions.

Is this a good time to join? No. You will be a PT employee at $13/hr for approx. 20-25 hr/ week for some time before being able to sign a list to become a "Hybrid Driver". You will make $20/hr through a 4- year progression working weekends and 3 other days a week as needed with no protections for working less than 14-hr days. Most days will be between 10-12 hours. You will have no benefits for a year unless you make full time, and you will never spend quality time with you family from the Holiday period from Thanksgiving through January 1st.

Every day you will walk into a crappy, hostile work environment with a truck that looks like this once you are done loading it waiting for you:

article-2529170-1A4AF75000000578-540_634x786.jpg

Hope this helps and welcome to UPS.

IESucks

Greetings,

You have no idea what a terrible place ups is to work. Career? Lol not anymore.