New commercials

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
Whoever Ups Hired For Their New Commercials Should Be Fired. Replace This Ad Agency With Something More Hip And The Viewer Wanting To Hear More...35 Mil For That?

What Next Dale Jarret And Michael Waltrip Breakdancing??

tieguy

Banned
if I understand your responses correctly you're looking at the whiteboard site as some type of marketing gimmick aka the fedx commercials. It looks to me like the site is meant to be much more then a cutsey marketing gimmick that makes you laugh like the fdx commercials. Its meant to be an interactive site that actually heps you ship a package or multiple packages. Try it out and see what you think.

canon

if I understand your responses correctly you're looking at the whiteboard site as some type of marketing gimmick aka the fedx commercials. It looks to me like the site is meant to be much more then a cutsey marketing gimmick that makes you laugh like the fdx commercials. Its meant to be an interactive site that actually heps you ship a package or multiple packages. Try it out and see what you think.

It's the tv commercial they're talking about i think. I went to the whiteboard site and agree, it's interactive. No problems there.

If you search on youtube for "ups commercial", you'll see a few parodies too. Eh, they're about as creative as the commercial only with the benefit of humor. If I had to guess, it would be that UPS is trying to copy the simplicity of the Mac/PC commercial where the two guys are talking. It's not that I hate the commercial... I just expected more I suppose. I could see the losing team on The Apprentice coming up with that final product. Donald Trump might say, "Your task was to come up with a commercial for the largest shipping company in the world and the best you could do is someone drawing on a whiteboard??"

You know what comes next.

Cezanne

Commercials have one goal, the purpose is to have the viewer remember the product once it is viewed or theme music heard. This commercial works bottom line, simple yes and just quirky enough to show some tongue and cheek self abasing humor. It is far superior to the image of the stereotypical package car driver in the clean pressed uniform delivering those 5 packages with nothing in them. Using that catchy pop tune brings this UPS commercial to the 21th century. There is alot of smart stuff going on in these spots that most of us are missing, considering the last time that anybody has taken notice and posted any comments about a UPS commerical on any site should show it is effective:thumbup1:

Dutch Dawg

After suffering through several of these commercials I took an unofficial poll of office employees I know outside of UPS.
The overwhelming response(s) appeared to be "The Whiteboard" is a tool of the past in today's corporate enviorment. This is a highly competitive business as I'm sure many of you already know from the never ending PCM's. Why a business that desires to impart the concept of cutting edge technology to transport clients product throughout the world would choose to use an outdated means to convey that message is beyond me. This series of commercials is one step backwards IMHO

Last edited:

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
LETS FACE IT. MEN COMPRISE THE MAJORITY OF OF DECISION MAKERS IN THE TRAFFIC FIELD. WHY NOT HIRE A GOERGOUS MODEL WITH GIGANTIC KNOCKERS TO DO THE COMMERCIAL? i WOULD HAVE PAID MORE ATTENTION.

rushfan

Is that Steve Perry of Journey fame doing our commericals? I've always wondered what happened to him.

Looks like the commericals are from the people who brought us the crappy calendars. IMHO I feel the calendars should have pictures of our past i.e. "Brown Betty" and the old equipment, followed up with scenes about our future. I had to break out the tissue when I read Mike's intro in the calender.

Hire the competition's ad agency, dump the current one.

buddylee333

I also took an unoffical poll. Here's what I heard: The commericals stand out because they are so much simpler and engaging than 98% of everthing else that's out there. I'm not saying that I'm a fan of them, but I'm watching people watch them and the overwhelming response has been extremely positive.