New Customer

wily_old_vet

Noticed in the UPS press release about online shipping that we got a new customer-Overstock.com. I know they were using DHL so hurray for us. Really sorry I'm going to miss peak this year:rolleyes:

wily_old_vet

Thanks WKMAC-my heart is still out there with all of you fighting the good fight. A small (and getting smaller ) part of me wishes I was still there. Happy Thanksgiving to you also.:D

wkmac

wily_old_vet said:
Thanks WKMAC-my heart is still out there with all of you fighting the good fight. A small (and getting smaller ) part of me wishes I was still there. Happy Thanksgiving to you also.:D

I've been on vacation the last 2 weeks so my fight officially begins next Monday. I CAN'T WAIT EITHER!:rolleyes: :p

over9five

Staff member
"Need an experienced helper?"

Actually, we need a lot! (Inexperienced too!).

Management keeps telling us if we don't get helpers, its gonna be a bad peak. If we don't get helpers. I guess HR can't get any this year. Do we still have HR? So we're supposed to supply our own helpers.

We're paying them $9.50. Is this enough? Does anyone know how much you make at McDonalds? Seriously? I don't think it's a lot less, and it's surely a lot easier.

wornoutupser

Over,
There is a poster in our building that is trying to recruit family members as helpers.
It even asks if your mother wants to ride in the big brown truck!
We are that desperate around here for help..............................

ok2bclever

I Re Member
Wednesday I came into the counter to find the hiring computer unplugged and figured it was HR that had done so not wanting to waste people's time or theirs with further hirings this late into the season.

Later the HR rep came in and asked if the hiring computer was broke and I told him no just unplugged and that I had figured he had done it what with it being so late in the season, almost December and helpers already being used.

He said no, they still could use a lot more helpers.

That is amazing to me, but I guess the wage, once a healthy hunk of money per hour, isn't what it once was, especially considering the very physical work.

I imagine the flex style now being used that minimized on the clock time and maximizes the inconvenience to the seasonal of meeting a driver or multiple drivers on route all over the place also discourages many.

rushfan

I take that back. I delivered a 3 day from LL Bean. However, I got presents from my brother from LL Bean by fdx grnd.

Fredly000

Just Another in Brown
over9five said:
We're paying them $9.50. Is this enough? Does anyone know how much you make at McDonalds? Seriously? I don't think it's a lot less, and it's surely a lot easier.

Wow our driver helpers get 11.70,
peak preloaders get the 9.50 or whatever.

tieguy

Banned
rushfan said:
I hear the LL Bean rumor every year. I'm not counting on seeing their packages.

LL Bean not happy. Fdx told them they can't handle anymore volume from them this peak. So we are moving LL Bean at published rates. I'm sure we will also try to leverage this situation to get their regular business.

rushfan

Ever since delivering that one LL Bean package, I haven't seen any since. Has JC Penny jumped ship? I used to see them all the time, now it's very rare to see one.