new doortag

SmithBarney

Yes wonderful, customers are already complaining, they don't want to download another app, they don't want to text, they don't want to call.
The tag has no real information on it.

Needs to contain 3 pieces of information

We missed you: Date/Time.
Here's why: ASR DSR ISR, Closed or Unsuitable Delivery location
Here's what happens next: Sign, Pickup(here), we'll be back next day.

Then you can add the APP/TXT/800# contact information. Does FedEx not consult with any frontline employees when they come up with this stuff?

They can't reduce/eliminate paper Airbills, but they expect folks to APP/TXT

MAKAVELI

Yes wonderful, customers are already complaining, they don't want to download another app, they don't want to text, they don't want to call.
The tag has no real information on it.

Needs to contain 3 pieces of information

We missed you: Date/Time.
Here's why: ASR DSR ISR, Closed or Unsuitable Delivery location
Here's what happens next: Sign, Pickup(here), we'll be back next day.

Then you can add the APP/TXT/800# contact information. Does FedEx not consult with any frontline employees when they come up with this stuff?

They can't reduce/eliminate paper Airbills, but they expect folks to APP/TXT
Not to mention we have to now write the recipient name and check the box on the back for indirect and now put a purple sticker to indicate number of attempts.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
U guys got pics of it? FXG got a redesigned smaller tags too.

I'll just peel off the small PAL label and slap it to the tag

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Not to mention we have to now write the recipient name and check the box on the back for indirect and now put a purple sticker to indicate number of attempts.

Agree. It's just another :censored2:ing stupid attempt by upper management to cut costs.

The old tag was SO much better because you had to fill out the top, check a couple of boxes, and then fill out the bottom for the package. And when you went to peel off the bottom part to place it on the package, half the time it stuck to the tag. Unless, of course, you preferred to wait for your printer to slowly print out two ASTRA labels to slap on the tag.

MAKAVELI

The old tag was SO much better because you had to fill out the top, check a couple of boxes, and then fill out the bottom for the package. And when you went to peel off the bottom part to place it on the package, half the time it stuck to the tag. Unless, of course, you preferred to wait for your printer to slowly print out two ASTRA labels to slap on the tag.
I think the concept was good, but the design is lacking.

Star B

White Lightening
It's 2019.
That's why our tracking is the least-informative of all. Where's your package? Well, it left Memphis a days ago, been thru two sort centers silently, and just "arrived" at the destination a few minutes ago.
Hell, half the time it doesn't even show that it LEFT the destination.

SmithBarney

It's 2019.

So why use outdated paper airbills...oh because some folks still use them...

Not all our customers are millennial's, and these doortags are a disservice to the customer
Heck even the Astra printed exception stickers could include all this information with simple programming
you could do away with doortags completely.

Again it's not what I think, it's what the customers think, only about 20% of our couriers are using these, and 100% of the complaints from Customers are about these tags. PSP? The call centers are having a fun time, wasted man hours when the info they are providing could have been on the doortag to begin with.

SmithBarney

U guys got pics of it? FXG got a redesigned smaller tags too.
I'll just peel off the small PAL label and slap it to the tag
s1DfTmx.jpg
Just has a Barcode on the bottom and a signature box on the back.
dang image won't line, it's here Imgur

Last edited:

OrioN

Geezus, that's exactly what FXG door tags are , with the exception of saying "Ground"!

WAGN... I'll post it up later. Heading in for the preload

59 Dano

So why use outdated paper airbills...oh because some folks still use them...

And they are slowly becoming less and less common.

Again it's not what I think, it's what the customers think, only about 20% of our couriers are using these, and 100% of the complaints from Customers are about these tags. PSP? The call centers are having a fun time, wasted man hours when the info they are providing could have been on the doortag to begin with.

These are the same customers who would sign a door tag for a DSR pkg and complain that there was too much confusing information on the old door tags. They'll come around.

OrioN

sketch-1570184159505.png

So these are just for signature only???

Are they getting the indirect delivery notes later on?
sketch-1570184324277.png

P.S. u guys/gals using these as well?
_20191004_051726.JPG

Whats in the Box

Wish we have those indirect tags. The new DTs don’t show if the pkg had been indirected to business neighbor or if we are reattempting later. I guessing mgmt had directed handlers to raid our trucks and took all the old door tags so we are forced to use the new DTs.

OrioN

LoL, I have a few left that scans ok... they really did that?

Well, I guess u can use the delivery notes section on the back side, fold the top sticky over, & have that facing out...

I did that for indirect signature and if I might attempt a 2nd try later on the same day

SmithBarney

Wish we have those indirect tags. The new DTs don’t show if the pkg had been indirected to business neighbor or if we are reattempting later. I guessing mgmt had directed handlers to raid our trucks and took all the old door tags so we are forced to use the new DTs.
I'm truly hoping that maybe in the near future they plan on just printing all the info on the astra labels, it wouldn't be that hard, and would fix any issue we have.

59 Dano

You can write whatever you want on there.