HavenoEDD

I just started progression three weeks ago. I haven’t made scratch once yet.
They will tell you this is important but it’s not. Management can also fix time cards to make people scratch if need be. In my experience if the management like you, you have nothing to worry about.

Any advice??
Arrive early, sort your car, work through your lunch and ask veteran drivers for advice. Don’t crash, Don’t get hurt.
During progression is the only time in your career you should do what’s necessary. Once you are in, different set of rules.
Get to know your steward and track your working days.
Good luck.

FozziesDeliveries

Get to know the area you are delivering while qualifying. The street names, the number breaks. It makes it easier to know when E.D.D. does something stupid and wants you leaving 2 stops far away or have you going to the same area 3 times for no reason. Also, Don't follow Orion stop for stop because it will have you going back to the same areas repeatedly.
Stop complete your pickups in the compliance window (15 min before or after the listed pickup time) I have found on my route it seems to hurt my over under when i am outside compliance.

trickpony1

They will tell you this is important but it’s not. Management can also fix time cards to make people scratch if need be. In my experience if the management like you, you have nothing to worry about.

Arrive early, sort your car, work through your lunch and ask veteran drivers for advice. Don’t crash, Don’t get hurt.
During progression is the only time in your career you should do what’s necessary. Once you are in, different set of rules.
Get to know your steward and track your working days.
Good luck.
This could get you fired for dishonesty.

Here what I did in pkg car (before some of you were born).

Fix a healthy lunch with electolyte drinks to take to work.
Deliver all your morning commits and any time sensitive pkgs.
Find a safe place to park.
Punch meal.
Sort your truck, collect your thoughts and plan the rest of your day as you eat/drink your lunch.
Punch off meal and proceed in an organized manner.

This is what I did and guess what?
I qualified.

Hope this helps.

This isn't a secret. The company knows people do this.

pkgdriver

Get to know the area you are delivering while qualifying. The street names, the number breaks. It makes it easier to know when E.D.D. does something stupid and wants you leaving 2 stops far away or have you going to the same area 3 times for no reason. Also, Don't follow Orion stop for stop because it will have you going back to the same areas repeatedly.
Stop complete your pickups in the compliance window (15 min before or after the listed pickup time) I have found on my route it seems to hurt my over under when i am outside compliance.
Pickup Compliance Window has no effect on over/under.

HavenoEDD

This could get you fired for dishonesty.
Yes, however if you get through progression in todays UPS it’s most likely management is going to look the other way on this…and a couple other things. Again, if they want you they’ll get you but they can only do so much with time cards before the division managers and up ask questions.

Sort your truck, collect your thoughts and plan the rest of your day as you eat/drink your lunch.
Punch off meal and proceed in an organized manner.

Given many routes havent been timed in years (over a decade in our center) these routes are almost impossible to scratch. Training routes included.
Arriving an hour before start time, getting in the car and sorting shelves saves the headaches and panic. Why do it on the road when you can do it before hand. Saves time and allows you the rest of you are going to take lunch. Punch out, have a snack and collect your thoughts if you need but if you miss out on a career because you needed to “collect your thoughts”. 🤔

All this said, you make it then everything changes you go by the book, cover your ass and follow the methods. But you gotta get in the door first.