New forum - Likes/dislikes

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
How come when I am in a subforum I do not have the "New post" button? I have to back out to the main page for that. This is why you should also let me run through the update paperwork before puling the trigger.
There is a drop down menu under What's new to see new posts but an annoying extra step.
@cheryl
There use to be an option under preferences to show the "Display messages at New posts not seen" * in Preferences.
I could not find that option under preferences.
I am seeing 'New posts' since my last view of a thread but I had that option selected under the old format.

*(I'm sure that's not the verbiage)

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
@cheryl
There use to be an option under preferences to show the "Display messages at New posts not seen" * in Preferences.
I could not find that option under preferences.
I am seeing 'New posts' since my last view of a thread but I had that option selected under the old format.

*(I'm sure that's not the verbiage)
As far as I can tell going to the first new post that you have not yet read is the default now. I'm still trying to get used to this too. :rolleyes:

rod

Retired 22 years
As far as I can tell going to the first new post that you have not yet read is the default now. I'm still trying to get used to this too. :rolleyes:
So I still haven't heard why it was necessary to change to this. It seems like it was a lot of work for not any improvement. JMO

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
@cheryl
I just added a post to a 5 year old post and I was not prompted to verify I wanted to post in a thread that was inactive for a year or more.

Never seemed to stop @rickyb anyway but it might for people with a modicum of judgment.

1591639679228.png

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
So I still haven't heard why it was necessary to change to this. It seems like it was a lot of work for not any improvement. JMO
The previous software hadn't been updated since 2017. It was very outdated and I could not update the server software because it was not compatible with the old software. The last couple of weeks I had been getting daily warnings about it from the server.
@cheryl
I just added a post to a 5 year old post and I was not prompted to verify I wanted to post in a thread that was inactive for a year or more.

Never seemed to stop @rickyb anyway but it might for people with a modicum of judgment.

View attachment 298787
That was an addon I got from an independent developer. It isn't compatible with this version of xenforo.

I'll have to look around and see what new addons look interesting.

rod

Retired 22 years
The previous software hadn't been updated since 2017. It was very outdated and I could not update the server software because it was not compatible with the old software. The last couple of weeks I had been getting daily warnings about it from the server.
Thanks for the explanation (although its all Greek to me).