new here...hopefully i'll get hired soon

Fredless

APWA Hater
No matter how frustrated you get, just keep working at a safe pace. They cannot fire you for working at what you feel is 100% (don't be a piece of **** either).

I got the pleasure of having a sit down with a p/t sup, the hub manager and a guy on the sort aisle who, around 8:30pm (packages still flowing big time down the sort) decided to say ":censored2: all of you!!!" to his co workers, told his sup to friend-off and just clocked out and went home.

Yay for having to stick up for a guy like that. You will be yelled at, when its hot outside, you are hotter inside and when its cold outside, so will you be inside. Before I got the job at UPS, I worked at Wal-mart during high school and my first year of college and UPS is MUCH better than retail.

I've only got 1 year of college left myself, and I've been at UPS since I was 19 (I'm 22 now) and it keeps me motivated. Stay in college, nothing will take that degree away from you but a tier 3 accident might take everything away from you - don't be tempted by the truck until you have that degree in your hand.

I will probably stay at UPS once I get my degree and a day job using it, but once they convert my job (ECS clerk) to a 22.3 I will quit then. Its inevitable.