New hire automotive mechanic Questions

Giantmex

Good day,
I'll be starting as a mechanic working on semi trucks on monday in the Atlanta area.I would like to know more about the environment, I would also like to know more about the benefits like health insurance, 401k etc. This will be my first time working with a union. My main concern is the health insurance I am currently covered under the company I work for. I dont want to wait the 45 days to get coverage for my family. Any insight or advice is appreciated.
Thanks.

Karma...

if your union is the I.A.M you are very very lucky....Its a stellar union. My father was a member as a machinist back in the day and said without a union a person is less than a person in the eyes of management/owners.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Good day,
I'll be starting as a mechanic working on semi trucks on monday in the Atlanta area.I would like to know more about the environment, I would also like to know more about the benefits like health insurance, 401k etc. This will be my first time working with a union. My main concern is the health insurance I am currently covered under the company I work for. I dont want to wait the 45 days to get coverage for my family. Any insight or advice is appreciated.
Thanks.
You start Monday and you never thought to ask any of these before now